Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,823 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Dropped calls,loss of signal strength during calls
browse

I originally signed up with Alltell because they were the only provided that worked at my home.  In the last few weeks I have experienced many dropped calls and several calls that I could not communicate because the signal was breaking up.  This is very discouraging.   I would change to a different provider, but I am currently under contract.  I have this problem inside and outside my home.  I am using a Samsung Note 8 and I live in the Swansboro, NC area.  My zip code is 28539.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens us that you want to leave the Verizon Family, and we certainly would not want to see you. It's concerning to hear that you're dropping calls at all. Do you know if this is happening to anyone else in the area? You mentioned that this has been happening just in the past couple of weeks. Do you know of any changes to the device or settings that happened around the time this started happening with your device? 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LADYTN8056
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issue.  I drive from home to work in a 20 minute period I drop calls 3-4 different times or, more driving on a route I have done for 7 years now before was no issue.  I am very frustrated and spend way too much money for my service quality to be dropping my husband and I and our son all got new phones earlier in the year and I would not think it would be phones but, this is past ridiculous.   I have been thinking there are better services out there or, there has to be something that can be improved.

My son and I have the iPhoneX and my husband has the Samsung Galaxy S9.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LADYTN8056

We hope that you allow us to continue as your wireless provider. It's important to us that you have reliable service. Your devices are designed to retrieve signal from the best and nearest wireless tower in the area. As a result, it's normal for signal to fluctuate. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Did you recently update the software on your phone? 

Lasina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANZUE77

I have the same issue as well with my account, I commute 70 miles everyday and my call quality was always great.... until I switched from 16gb to unlimited. Now I have terrible call quality and dropped calls constant with no way to return to my old plan where I could actually use my phone. The reason being? Because Verizon removes your voice LTE feature when you switch to unlimited without ANY warning. I used to work for them and  $309 a month it nor worth the way business has been conducted recently. I’d be willing to bet that a majority of your service complaints stem from the usage of Verizon’s unlimited network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your call quality, DANZUE77. We want to make sure that your receiving the best service possible from us, please provide me with some additional information. What is the Make and Model of your device? Where is the location of the area that you're experiencing these service issues? Also, what have you tried so far to correct this issue?

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LADYTN8056
Enthusiast - Level 2

My service doesn’t fluctuate it drops calls 5-6 times in 20 min drive. That’s not fluctuating. When you have equipment not working that’s not normal. So, when are you fixing your network issues aka towers etc??

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our main goal is to help you improve your network experience so you can enjoy using the service once again. Thank you for for the additional details regarding the dropped calls, LADYTN8056.

First, we need to take a close look at the device and complete some troubleshooting. This will demonstrate whether the issue is with the phone or network. Then we use the data we collect through troubleshooting to notify the engineers of any network concerns. What is the zip code where you experience the most issues (route info)? Can you verify if you have HD calling enabled?http://spr.ly/6580DNNSu

Please power off your iPhone X and remove your SIM card for 2 minutes, then reinsert the SIM tray. Once the tray is properly seated in the device power the phone back on. Let us know if there is any improvement with the dropped calls. http://spr.ly/6581DNNSR

Gina_VZW

0 Likes
LADYTN8056
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip codes are:   37830,37840,37831 and 37932

There are three phones affected as well as coworkers having same issues HD is correct on all phones - troubleshooting resulted in nothing supposedly wrong w phones. Hubby has the S9 Galaxy my son and I have the iPhone X a friend has iPhone 8 and all are having same issue. 

We are tired of getting the run around and nothing being done.  

#fedupmoneywasted

0 Likes
LADYTN8056
Enthusiast - Level 2

No response/reply huh?

Don’t care about my nearly $400 a month that’s peanuts to a company like Verizon 

I understand how it is.  

0 Likes