Dropped calls,loss of signal strength during calls
ZER05286
Enthusiast - Level 2

For years I have enjoyed good service with Verizon wireless,but in the last month or so I have had numerous dropped calls and will experience periods of signal loss and garbled reception during calls. This happens from various locations that I have had no problems with in the past. This happens with not just my phone but with all the other phones on my plan also. Again there have been no problems in the past but is now a big problem. I have accepting all of my updates on the phone. Is there a reason for this and will it be corrected? Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Dropped calls,loss of signal strength during calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to be sure your service is working the way it should ZER05286. We are happy to help. Ann154 asked a great question. Are you able to confirm the zip code where you are having trouble? Any issues with data/text?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ZER05286
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home zip is 27011,but this problem is not limited to here,but from here

to Emerald Isle,NC. I have had these problems at home,in a car ect. I have

had no problems with text or data.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:48 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZER05286, that is quite a large area to have issues in. Let's work to narrow this down. Does it improve anywhere else? If so, how far away? Do you notice this at certain times of the day?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Domius
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well.  I live in 48178.  Years I've gone without dropped calls.  Now, I probably have 6 per day, along with the rest of my family.  Calls drop for 5-10 seconds and sometimes come back.  Others, I lose the call completely and have to call back.  A co-worker asked me last week if I recently have been getting dropped calls with Verizon.  I'm glad to see the original post here.  Obviously this is a Verizon service issue, or possibly related to the recent update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely far too many dropped calls, Domius. I'd like to look further into this as well. Can you tell me what make/model phone you have? Do you know if you have/ use Advanced Calling or WiFi Calling? Is there any pattern, such as location, time of day, certain numbers your're calling, or when using other functions on your phone? 

Please elaborate to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
ZER05286
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is exactly what is happening to me and my family. We all have Samsung

S8

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, 8:47 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Domius
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have a Samsung GS8.  My fiance has a Samsung GS7.  My coworker has a GS8 as well.  I can't say I use Advanced or WiFi calling.  No pattern at all.  It happens in the car, at home, etc.  It happens calling each other, calling my sister who uses a different service other than Verizon.  It happens using handsfree bluetooth and using it in a normal use.

There's nothing to tie it to that I can figure it out besides a phone/software issue. 

ZER05286
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having exactly the same type of problems,we have 3 Samsung GS8 and an

IPhone. Also am not using advanced calling or wifi calling. We also have

issues both at home and in cars. Also since the last update ,I sometimes

cannot answer my phone,as in the screen will not respond to my swiping to

answer.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Virus-free.

www.avg.com

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

0 Likes