Dropped calls and bad service
JULANG6

Since May 13, 2018, our service with Verizon has been horrible....I have called and called and gone through all the trouble shooting tech people and done numerous things to see what the problem might be, but to no avail....we have been with Verizon since they were Alltel and have never changed providers.....we have always had the BEST service coverage and have always been able to call  and receive calls with no problems or interruptions of service at all....since May 13, 2018, all that changed.....we drop calls almost every time we call out or receive calls....every time we leave home and drive about 8 miles from home in any direction, we get a message that says, "please re-enter the 10 digit number you are calling"....we have never had to do this....also not feasible when you are driving...yes, i have family base or verizon smart family or something like that and now one rep is telling me that that is a feature of family base in an "extended" area.....[removed]...I've never had to do it before May 13....now it asks us to do it every call when we get just a little ways from home....we have reset networks, reset towers, I have the option to use wifi calling on my device, but the other 3 members of my family do not have that option because they have iphone 5 S's .....and even when I use the wifi calling it only helps it a little and it certainly doesn't help me when I'm away from home......something has changed in the verizon network or something.....they say they have sent reps out to my area and checked towers and everything is functioning as it should.....then i spoke to another tech support person at a higher level and he assured me i shouldn't be getting those messages and I should not be having all these dropped calls due to the main fact that we have a tower within 2 miles of us....he even said, something isn't right....so they sent out another NETWORK team this time....they call me and are very rude to me and tells me service in my area is LESS than optimal and they at first tried to SELL me a network extender, but upon arguing over and over and over with them, they are supposedly sending me one for free....but still....why?  My service was great for 20 plus years..why should I need a network extender all of a sudden?  Why should I have to enable wifi calling, when i never needed it before?  Is this all a ploy to sell me new phones and support devices?  I am not a habitual complainer....I certainly hope a verizon support person will see this post and research my account and read ALL THE NOTES i've been calling in and complaining.....I'm sick and tired of this horrible customer service....I should not have to be the one that calls verizon every day and have to relive all these details over and over again, only to be transferred to yet another rep and have to start all over....the last two days, they scheduled call backs where they were supposed to call me back at a specified time and I waited well more than 30 minutes after specified time and still got no calls back on either day...then when I call back again, no one can just pull up my account and pick up where we left off the day before,....I have to relive the whole agonizing ordeal all over again....I'm done....I've been a very loyal customer to Verizon for over 20 years....My phone pays off in July...I'm finding a new service provider.  Julia [removed]--home phone because my cell won't hold a call....funny...not funny

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls and bad service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULANG6, thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding your service today. We are also available on Facebook, or you can reach us via live chat on My Verizon. http://spr.ly/6580Dl0Vw;

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
grafhax

Not sure if you ever found resolution but I believe this is due to all the infrastructure changes with verizon rolling out 5g support.  My serviced worked great in my location from 2013 - ~2018.  At this point on my old thunderbolt phone would get service in/outside/around my house.  I've switched between samsung galaxies and google pixel all with "promises" from local techs at the verizon store telling me they had better antenna/signals.  To this day I can't make calls over the network in about a 100ft square radius of my home (neighbors have the same issues).  I'm forced to use video chats because the phone will have "enough" signal that it doesn't try to route a call over the internet but then as soon as someone picks up on the other end the call drops.  Verizon's solution was to send me a network extender so that I can route all traffic over my internet.  Why should I pay full price to use my own infrastructure to make calls?  Additionally there is no way to blacklist/allow specific phones so as soon as the network extender comes on here comes my neighbors calls bogging down my internet.  I refuse to pay for pipe the whole neighborhoods calls through my internet.  I believe verizon has been lowering 4g connections to make room for the extra 5g airwaves and in return are breaking their service contracts with millions of customers.  

0 Likes
grafhax

I was editing and then the forum locked me out:

Not sure if you ever found resolution but I believe this is due to all the infrastructure changes with verizon rolling out 5g support.  My service worked great in my location from 2013 - ~2017/18.  At this point only my old thunderbolt phone would get service in/outside/around my house.  I've switched between samsung galaxy/google pixel all with "promises" from local techs at the verizon store telling me they had better antenna/signals.  To this day I can't make calls over the network in about a 100ft square radius of my home (neighbors have the same issues).  I'm forced to use video chats because the phone will have "enough" signal that it doesn't try to route a call over the internet but then as soon as someone picks up on the other end the call drops.

Verizon's solution was to send me a network extender so that I can route all traffic over my internet.  Why should I pay full price to use my own infrastructure to make calls?  Additionally there is no way to blacklist/allow specific phones so as soon as the network extender comes on here comes my neighbors calls bogging down my internet.  I refuse to foot the bill of piping all the neighbors phone calls through my internet because verizon lowered our coverage to usher in more profits and new customers.   I believe verizon has been lowering 4g connections to make room for the extra 5g airwaves and in return are breaking their service contracts with millions of customers.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that your having issues with making phone calls in your home. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be happy to look into this for you to help you get this corrected. What is the full address to where you are experiencing this issue? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
pbear21

I have been having an issue where my calls only drop while I am at work. My phone can make and receive calls anywhere else. Other employees phones work fine. They also have Verizon and are shocked by my experience with Verizon. I've called 3 times in the past two weeks to pretty much be told that I ONLY have poor service. I've tried everything to fix the issue but my phone won't stay connected to calls. I spend 40 hours a week at work and I am paying Verizon for what exactly. They refuse to escalate this and told me there is nothing else they could do. I am told I need to use WIFI calling, which is terrible, and that's the resolution. My phone is updated and Apple even told me I don't need a new phone. I'm disappointed being a customer for over 15 years and no one will check the tower. I'm pretty much told that if the wind blows the wrong way it's my problem. I've been at my same place of employment for 17 years so it's not the building. My phone won't work and Verizon refuses to help me. Unbelievable that this weekend I need to switch to AT&T. Maybe if you stopped building all of the 5G wires you wouldn't have this issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pbear21, I assure you we want you to have the best possible service! What steps have you taken to try to correct the issue?

0 Likes