Dropped calls and No Service
Lorilag
Enthusiast - Level 1

For years I have enjoyed good service with Verizon wireless,but in the last few months both my husband &  I have had numerous dropped calls and will experience periods of signal loss and garbled reception during calls. This happens from various locations that I have had no problems with in the past. There is one spot at the end of my street where there is absolutely no reception and that has not changed.  Again there have been no problems in the past but is now a big problem. I have accepting all of my updates on the phone. I called regarding my husband's phone three months ago and they confirmed there have been no complaints.  89508.  After today we are ready to pack up our years of service and go somewhere else. I need my phone to work inside my house.    Even my neighbors in 89508 are experiencing the same problems for several months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls and No Service
ryanco_vzw
Verizon Employee

Lorilag,

I'm so glad that you have been enjoying your service with us, but I'm saddened by the experience you've dealt with over the last few months. It's vital that you have a quality signal at home without having to worry about dropped calls and reception issues. I'm confident we can get to the bottom of this for you, as we value you and your husband's loyalty too much to see you leave us. I have gone ahead and sent you a message within this platform so we can address these concerns. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lorilag
Enthusiast - Level 1

3 months later, My brand new Note 9 seems to work a bit better taking calls, however the 4g is grayed out.   The Note 4  still causes my husband to go outside our house to get reception.  The end of our street is still a dead zone always.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lorilag, we know the importance of getting service where you need it the most. We are always here to help.

Hearing that the Note 9 is getting better service does point to the issue being with the older phones not seeing our network as well as the new ones. If the issue was with our service itself, then getting a new phone would not have helped in any way.

Also, 4G would always be greyed out on your phone, except when you are actually using data. If your phone was not getting a 4G signal at all, then it would not show you the 4G icon, instead you would see 3G or 1X in its place.

The zip code you provided in your previous post does have areas where our service does not reach. Looking over our coverage map, this would be due to the terrain itself. Certain locations can have service while just a few hundred feet away the service is lacking, because of terrain blocking the line of site from our towers. 

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes