Re: Dropped Calls
Henabel

Not able to locate anyone in my area who is having similar issues.  I continue getting dropped calls.  I have to put my Verizon phone on call forward to my Comcast land line when in my home.  Does Verizon have any more ideas to make the service work as expected?  Can a Verizon technician come to my home and analyze the situation?

Thanks,  Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Henabel, the informaiton that you have provided is definitley helpful. I want to clarify a few things here. When you see your service go to 1X while on a call, that is ok. Calls process over that network (1X) so this is common to see in place of 3G or LTE as those networks are for data. When this started happening, had anything changed on the phones? Is this only happening with your wife or multiple users?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Henabel

Erin,

It is happening on both of our phones. Is it normal to see the signal change from 4G to 3G to 1X while stationary during a call? Its only during a call the signal changes. Then the call drops. The phones are operating normally otherwise. The phones work fine when I travel to other cities. It just seems something is missing in my home location. Maybe the towers are not aligned correctly? I have a network extender installed and it is working fine. Still my phone network is not. Thanks, Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike,

That is normal to see while on a call, yes. It's interesting to me that you have an extender and still seeing this. When did this start happening? How far from your home do you have to travel before you notice that this is increasing?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes