Dropped Calls
Henabel

Have been experiencing dropped calls with Verizon service for a long time.  It is extremely frustrating and causing poor service and response with my customers.

Everything was perfect about a little over a year ago.  Wireless service degraded and Verizon can't seem to find the problem nor interested in supporting the problem or finding the right solution.  I have done everything Verizon asked.  Bought new phones, bought wireless extender, etc.  Nothing has worked. 

I noticed  new cell towers installed near my neighborhood in the past year or so  so I asked verizon service if there was a directional change.  Maybe my home is in a 'shadow' now.  Supposedly, Verizon sent a service guy out and claims the service is normal in the neighborhood.  I have no clue what is wrong. 

I cannot use my cell phone's in my home or my home office for fear of drops.  Calls only last a few minutes before dropping.  Signal starts good at 4G then changes to 3G then to 1X then sometimes to no signal.  Once disconnected, service usually returns to normal.  Sometimes I restart my phone to return to 4G.  I have good WiFi through Comcast.  What is going on with cell service? Is Verizon metering service?

Thanks for any feedback and/or action that can be taken.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best service possible. Let's roll up our sleeves here and get to the bottom of your signal issues. It is very curious that you have a network extender and a good WIFI connection, but still cannot get a great signal on your devices. What is the make and model of your devices? Is the external anntenna removed from the top of the extender?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Henabel

Verizon's sleeves have been rolled up before.  You're running out of arm's length.

- Antenna is fine. Extender is working as expected.

- Currently seeing 4G LTE and 2 bars on the signal strength -111dBm 27asu.  This appears usual.

- The problem starts when I am taking a call.  Loose 4G, bars go down, and usually drops then I'm on 1X.

- New Samsung Note4. 

- This issue was also occurring on my previous Moto Droid 4 phones.

Thanks for feedback.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns. I would want to get to the bottom of the situation as quickly as possible if I were you as well. The reason you are seeing the icon change from 4G to 1X is indicitive of what you are doing on your phone. For example, in order to process a call, your phone NEEDS a 1x signal. The 4G icon indicates the type of data signal you are receiving. For example, you may see this switch from 4G to 4GLTE to 3G at times depending on the tower your phone is receiving a signal from at that time. You entitled your last post as "dropped calls", when do you find that the calls are dropping? Is your device showing as connected to your network extender?
NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Henabel

NicholeK_VZW,Calls drop while into a conversation.  Extender is connected.  It seems like my service is metered and simply times out after a period of time on a call.

Current network. 4G LTE 1bar, -114 dBm, 26 asu.

Is there another setting or meter to watch for network performance while on a call?Thanks, Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for getting back to me with this information. Are you dropping calls only in your home or everywhere you travel? In which zip code do you reside? Which device are you using?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Henabel

As explained and documented many times already. Zip is 30024.  I have a Samsung Note4.  I use my cell while in my office where most drops have happened.  But it also happens when traveling to other places. Moving or standing still.  I can tell when the signal starts to degrade before it drops.Thanks, Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the details provided thus far Henabel. I understand how important it is to ensure you are getting the best service possible. Are there other VZW customers in the area who also experience the same issues? Can you try, http://vz.to/13atOAb then test service.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Henabel

Michelle,

I was traveling in the Detroit area this week and did not experience any drops. When I called my wife here at home her phone would drop my calls. She has the same Note4 as I do and I purchased them together.

When drops occur, the signal changes from 4G LTE to 3G then to 1X during the call. Sometimes before the drop, her voice will become garbled and sound like she is under water then the call drops. She is not moving when this occurs. It seems the signal is metered or the signal moves like a beacon and times out.

I have not spoken to anyone else in my neighborhood but will try to do so in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Henabel,

We want to see your services working flawlessly for you. Your details are appreciated and certainly we will use this information to narrow this down some more to get to a resolution. We definitely would like to see what the scope is of affected people or if this is isolated to your device. We look forward to hearing what you find out.

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes