Dropped Calls Near Charlotte
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

After many years of great service with Verizon including 5 years at this location with strong signal strength and no dropped calls, we have now for several weeks had weak signal and dropped calls, and slow internet for long periods each day. Going outside the house does not help. We both have Samsung Galaxy S3's and have had them at this location for two years. We are just 10 miles south of Charlotte NC at zip 29707 in Indian Land SC.We don't mind paying for Verizon but we need the reliability and signal strength. What is going on here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls Near Charlotte
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tcad,

We appreciate the long time loyalty. Having reliable service is definitely important. Is this happening with all calls? Are you in the 29707 zip code? Please provide your zip code and two major cross streets so I can better check the coverage. Try removing the sim card for a few minutes http://vz.to/1t04YIb. Insert and retest. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, we are in 29707 at intersection of Hartwell Lane and Murray Street. Happens with all calls during periods of very weak signal, 1 or 0 bars. Seems to come and go during the day. Tried the sim card removal and reinstall. Didn't help.

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Yes we are in zip 29707 in Sun City Carolina Lakes at the corner of Murray

St and Hartwell Ln. When signal is weak (0 or1 bars) calls are dropped or

dont go thru and incoming calls dont make it. When signal strength makes it

to 2 bars, it works. It's not consistant but we seem to lose signal

strength several times a day for an hour or two at a time.

Thanks for your attention to this problem.

On Dec 5, 2014 2:31 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, tcad! Your description indicates that this frustrating problem has been well researched on your end. I believe it's time for Verizon Wireless to do its part in the research! Please respond to my direct message so that we can gather additional details privately.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes