Dropped Calls/Bad Reception in New Hampshire
jrcr21
Enthusiast - Level 2

We live in a community that has a large influx of summer visitors (Ashland, NH, 03217).  For many years, we had a good signal.  Since the spring, during late afternoon/early evening, we are constantly dropping calls and having periodic data outages.  This is happening to us and our neighbors and is also experienced by folks downtown.

Verizon customers I know who live in the Seacoast of New Hampshire are also experiencing this issue.

Without land lines, our cellphones are our connection to emergency services.  We cannot even complete a call to the doctor's office right now.  When will this issue be fixed?

Re: Dropped Calls/Bad Reception in New Hampshire
jrcr21
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a follow up, this appears to be a widespread problem with Verizon Wireless in New Hampshire:
https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/local/group-calls-spotty-cell-phone-service-a-public-hazard/art...

jrcr21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ironically there's no way to contact Verizon support about this increasingly bad service, as we can't keep a call connected long enough to make it through Verizon's hold time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, jrcr21. It's important to have reliable service, so I understand your concern when calls drop. I'm here to help. What is the closest intersection to the troubled location? Please check your private messages for further information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
jrcr21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's online support reached out to me as a result of this thread, the initial experience being positive with assurances that the techs would figure it out (ironically the call was dropped 3 times).

The techs confirmed that Verizon's "best network" signal strength is "less than optimal" - at the intersection of the state's busiest Interstate highway and one the main east-west artery highways.

Verizon's solution:  offer me a Network Extender, provided I supply a dedicated 10 Mbps connection for it.  This is not a solution in my opinion.  My days on Verizon may be numbered.

0 Likes
jrcr21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not a peep from Verizon on this issue, which they acknowledged is a problem with their network.

The problem is getting worse...now I'm getting frequent dropped calls on weekends!  Hopefully they do something soon, or else I'm following others around here to AT&T.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

What are you waiting for? It's always best to choose the provider that works best in your area vs begging a provider to improve coverage.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jrcr21, we would like the opportunity to work toward a resolution on the service issues to ensure that you remain a Verizon customer. How are other services, such as text and data working? How far do you have to travel for better service?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Jcaggiano
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon’s service used to be great in NH but has declined over the past two years and getting worse. Even more disappointing is that I have called numerous times and they say all systems are running fine! 
I have determined that I need a new cell phone carrier and I’m researching that now. 
The only way to get their attention Is to take the monthly fee (Which is extremely high) away from them.

The service has been TERRIBLE!

0 Likes
Jcaggiano
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keep passing this post around

0 Likes