Dropped Calls 94022
4PJL
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I moved from Oregon (97229) to California (94022) and now we're having problems with dropped calls at our house.  People complain that every few words are getting dropped and sometimes the call drops.  There are times when inbound calls go straight to voice mail.  The Verizon map looks solid in my location.  We have two iPhones, 4 and 5.  We're getting desperate and are ready to switch carriers if we can't get this resolved.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped Calls 94022
4PJL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ.  I've done as you instructed.  I also searched the support FAQs and found the "dropped calls" topic.  They asked that I call 800-922-0204.  Second Tier support said my area was a known low signal area and authorized a Signal Booster device to be installed in my home.  I should have that in two days and expect to move from 2 bars to 4 bars.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the iPhone 4, dial *228, option 1.  The phone will restart.

On the iPhone 5, power down the phone, remove the SIM card, reinsert the SIM and power the phone back up.

This will reset your network connection based on your new location, and hopefully, improve your service.  You are in a hilly area, and terrain can affect your reception as well.

0 Likes
4PJL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ.  I've done as you instructed.  I also searched the support FAQs and found the "dropped calls" topic.  They asked that I call 800-922-0204.  Second Tier support said my area was a known low signal area and authorized a Signal Booster device to be installed in my home.  I should have that in two days and expect to move from 2 bars to 4 bars.

0 Likes