Does the LG EnV Touch require a data plan?
hannahb9498

I have acquired a LG EnV Touch and I want to use it because my old phone croaked, but I need to know if it requires a data plan. If you have activated one recently, could you let me know if it requires a plan? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the LG EnV Touch require a data plan?
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi hannahb9498 ,

Congratulations on your new phone.  The LG EnV Touch does not require a data plan, only Smartophones require a data plan.  When you are ready to activate your EnV Touch:

1. Turn your old phone off
  2. Turn the EnV Touch on
  3.  From the EnV Touch dial *228
  4. Press send and listen
  5. Select option 1
  6. Once the music ends your phone will be activated

I hope this information is helpful.  Please advise if you have any additional concerns.

Thank You,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
agdad

My daughter's does.But you don't need the $30 plan.. Since VZ is changing their plans try the $10/75MB plan..

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi hannahb9498 ,

Congratulations on your new phone.  The LG EnV Touch does not require a data plan, only Smartophones require a data plan.  When you are ready to activate your EnV Touch:

1. Turn your old phone off
  2. Turn the EnV Touch on
  3.  From the EnV Touch dial *228
  4. Press send and listen
  5. Select option 1
  6. Once the music ends your phone will be activated

I hope this information is helpful.  Please advise if you have any additional concerns.

Thank You,

0 Likes
kristar

Hi,

My daughter really wants me to get the Env Touch for her, but when we had upgraded her phone a while back they said at the Verizon store that there was a data plan, minimum of ten dollars or something along those lines.  Based off of your answer to the previous question, I was wondering if there was no ten dollar data plan as well?

Thanks!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

There is NO data plan of any kind required for the enV Touch.

0 Likes
mishelly76

It DOES require a data plan. 

I just tried activating a Touch that I received from someone for my 14 year old sister.  After reading this forum I told her, yep, you can have this phone, the Verizon Wireless employee stated no data plan needed.  Went to activate and the FIRST question I was asked is which MANDATORY data plan I wanted.  Imagine the disappointment when I had to tell her, oh, sorry I waved this cool phone in your face, but now you can't have it. 

Thanks Verizon!!!!:smileymad:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Devices-Discussions/LG-ENV-Touch-Data-Pack-mandatory-why/td-p/14...

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

mishelly76 wrote:

I just tried activating a Touch that I received from someone for my 14 year old sister.  After reading this forum I told her, yep, you can have this phone, the Verizon Wireless employee stated no data plan needed.  Went to activate and the FIRST question I was asked is which MANDATORY data plan I wanted.  Imagine the disappointment when I had to tell her, oh, sorry I waved this cool phone in your face, but now you can't have it. 

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Devices-Discussions/LG-ENV-Touch-Data-Pack-mandatory-why/td-p/14...

They must have recently changed it back to requiring a data plan. I bought mine online(Verizon) about 6 weeks ago. When I ordered it, it required me to choose a data plan. I confirmed with a Verizon CSR that it did not require a data plan. After I received it, I contacted a Verizon CSR and they removed the data plan.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

mishelly76 wrote:

Hi mishelly76! I can certainly appreciate how this would aggravate you. However, I want you to know that the EnV Touch is considered to be a basic function phone with data service as an option. If you're still interested in activating the phone on one of your lines, please send me a personal message through this forum and I'll be happy to assist you with activating the phone as well as selecting alternatives to having a data plan. Thanks to you and to the community for assisting!

0 Likes
DRAEGER

This is so confusing and frustrating!!!  Why is this so complicated????????????

I talk to 3 CSR last night and all 3 said that the Samsung Rogue and LG ENv Touch DO REQUIRE a plan...  No acceptions!

But...  two of the CSR did tell me that if you add a "data block" to either of these phones it will automaticaly prevent you from needing a Data Plan.  But keep in mind that you also will NOT have an option for using pay-as-you-go either.  If you try and use a pay-as-u-go you will be right back to the $10.00 for 75mb plan again...

My Rogue as of last night does NOT have a Data Plan!

Funny how my old Samsung Glyde (used before my Rogue) didn't need a data plan and it was far better suited for data usage then the Env Touch.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

DRAEGER wrote:

This is so confusing and frustrating!!!  Why is this so complicated????????????

I talk to 3 CSR last night and all 3 said that the Samsung Rogue and LG ENv Touch DO REQUIRE a plan...  No acceptions!

But...  two of the CSR did tell me that if you add a "data block" to either of these phones it will automaticaly prevent you from needing a Data Plan.  But keep in mind that you also will NOT have an option for using pay-as-you-go either.  If you try and use a pay-as-u-go you will be right back to the $10.00 for 75mb plan again...

My Rogue as of last night does NOT have a Data Plan!

Funny how my old Samsung Glyde (used before my Rogue) didn't need a data plan and it was far better suited for data usage then the Env Touch.

Hi DRAEGER! I'll take responsibility for the confusion and the frustration you're experiencing and offer my apologies. You deserve to get consistent answers to your questions, and it looks as if we haven't met that expectation. Basic phones have data capability but do not have a data feature requirement. We are empowered to exchange a data plan on a basic phone with a data block, if you like. I hope that helps!

0 Likes