Does phone insurance coverage transfer with the purchase of a new phone outside of Verizon?
KevinA

I pay monthly for the insurance service that Verizon offers via Asurion and I was wondering if the coverage will transfer to a new phone I recently purchased (unlocked Note 8 from Bestbuy). I asked the Asurion live chat rep on their website and I was told that it would transfer, but it seems she wasn't confident in her answer. If it does cover it, will the replacement phone be a Verizon branded Note 8? Will the claim reject because they probably don't even have unlocked Note 8's? Thank you guys!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Does phone insurance coverage transfer with the purchase of a new phone outside of Verizon?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You certainly will not get an unlocked note 8 assuming the insurance transfers. You'll get a Verizon version a and if they don't have any Note 8 a "similar" device and it will be a refurb. This is why I have never bothered with insurance. Pay hundreds in insurance and get a used phone.

0 Likes
Re: Does phone insurance coverage transfer with the purchase of a new phone outside of Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you get the most value out of the services we offer and we would love to see the right coverage in place if needed. It would be best to consult with Asurion on the coverage available by calling 888-881-2622. 

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes