Does bluetooth use data?
boston08

I want to use my Bluetooth in my car to talk hands-free but I don't want to use up all of my data. Can someone tell me how this works?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does bluetooth use data?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Bluetooth is a wireless service that allows voice and or data connectivity between 2 or more devices. It does not connect however between voice or data services of the phone; it is separate.  In other words, no it will not use your data plan, unless you are streaming audio or data from an app like iheart radio, pandora, etc. Keep in mind thst unless you have unlimited minutes, the amount of time soent talking will come from your minute allotment per the plan you are on.

Happy trails! May I ask what kind of car?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Bluetooth is a wireless service that allows voice and or data connectivity between 2 or more devices. It does not connect however between voice or data services of the phone; it is separate.  In other words, no it will not use your data plan, unless you are streaming audio or data from an app like iheart radio, pandora, etc. Keep in mind thst unless you have unlimited minutes, the amount of time soent talking will come from your minute allotment per the plan you are on.

Happy trails! May I ask what kind of car?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rest assured that you will not use any data when talking hands free while utilizing your Bluetooth device, boston08.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
laneyfly

Just want to add another Q onto this thread. Specifically, I have a Jawbone UP24 and it syncs via bluetooth to the UP app 24/7. Will that use my data plan at all or no because it's just communicating between devices still?

0 Likes