Does anyone know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake chabot in Castro Valley ?
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

does any one know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake Chabot in castro valley ?

I have information from antennaseach web site and I hope this site will be built

• Ownership Info
    Rep
    Company:Verizon Wireless
    Phone:(770)797-1070
    Email:Network.Regulatory@VerizonWireless.com
    Attn:Network Regulatory
    Address:1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 GASA5REG
    Alpharetta, GA, 30009

Owner
    Company:GTE Mobilnet of California Limited Partnership
    Phone:(770)797-1070
    Email:Network.Regulatory@VerizonWireless.com
    Attn:Network Regulatory
    Address:1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 GASA5REG
    Alpharetta, GA, 30009
  • Tower Characteristics
    Registration #:1286607
    Latitude:37.7181
    Longitude:-122.0929
    Structure Type:Pole
    Date Constructed:NA
    Ground Elev:469.2 feet
    Height Of Structure:40.0 feet
    Overall Height:514.1 feet
    Structure Address:3910 Brookdale Boulevard
    Castro Valley, CA
  • History
    PurposeStatusDateAddnl Info
    AmendmentGranted01/22/2013
    ---
    Adm UpdateGranted08/01/2013

I have three reason why I think it would be good business sense to built this site

1. Lake Chabot is a regional park and there are often people who walk there & can become injured or sick . there are no pay phones & ranger do make sweeps but cell phone service from Verizon is non-existent there .
  2. Lake Chabot blvd has a dead zone there I have walked down that street & right in front of the park is the dead zone which extends behind the mountain into San Leandro.
  3. the neighborhood where I live at is dead zone having the lobe behind the park would give much better access to cell signal . it has improved since XLTE rolled out because I looked openSignal and found a cell site in Castro Valley high was active.

Castro valley has been a issue for me verizon while I enjoy the coverage & excellent service this isn't so for where I live. It has been improved by uses of femto cell that sell from Samsung but that is only 50 SQ feet the rest of the property I wrestler with drooped call & of course its always most important call that is dropped .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake chabot in Castro Valley ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can take one to two years to get all the permits and agreements in place before a new tower can be ordered and installed on the chosen site. Based on those dates, they are still on things.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if cell tower is going to be built at Lake chabot in Castro Valley ?
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

man it would be great if they built it . not only for proctor park but it would get rid of this dead zone because this tower would be less than a mile away from my home.

0 Likes
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

I keep trying to poke them into action. I did send a email to the regulator who seemed to indicate the license or regulations we good to go . Maybe thier so hard pressed in building sites as you said although it seemed wrapped up a year ago. My friend ATT service is excellent here and the exact location has att tower there so I know this would work its just a matter of prodding Verizon into action . my hope is they will notice and do something about this .

0 Likes