Does anyone else feel their data is running out faster than it should?
CAMPRI2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm constantly on wifi working in an office and doing online graduate school after work so it just doesn't make sense and the online chat has been extremely unhelpful. This is almost a monthly to bi-monthly issue for me. Online chat and customer service only asks questions about wifi assist and background refresh (all of which I have off) and they give me where my data is going but no one can explain why I'm running out when I'm on wifi.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anyone else feel their data is running out faster than it should?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an iPhone, check the list of apps and see if cellular data is on or off for each othe apps.  My daughter finds that most of her apps are turned ON, she turns them off and her data goes back to normal.  As it starts creeping up, she looks at her apps and cellular is back on again....

If you have an Android, you can see exactly which apps are using the data by going to Settings, Data Usage, Cellular, and scroll down to see the list of apps by % and amount, what's using your data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm the exact opposite. I find myself trying to use MORE data towards the end of the month just to get close to my monthly allowance. 4 smartphones and 1 smartwatch with 15 GB shared data and I rarely go over 10 GB even though I start streaming sporting events(golf/lacrosse) towards the end of my billing cycle just to use data.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am also trying to use data. One iPhone on 5GB with carryover. Last month I 1.38GB this month I used 1.18 and I have 10 days left.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an iPhone, check the list of apps and see if cellular data is on or off for each othe apps.  My daughter finds that most of her apps are turned ON, she turns them off and her data goes back to normal.  As it starts creeping up, she looks at her apps and cellular is back on again....

If you have an Android, you can see exactly which apps are using the data by going to Settings, Data Usage, Cellular, and scroll down to see the list of apps by % and amount, what's using your data.

0 Likes