Does anyone at Customer Service know what is going on?
DisappointedInVerizo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, between being on the phone and going to a store, I've wasted over 3 hours of my time trying to get help from Verizon Customer Service to no avail.  I am currently 2 months short of completing my 2 year contract, however, the phone I have, an LG Spectrum, is a complete piece of junk and has become completely unusable.  I was hoping to either pay an early termination fee or else pay out the rest of the contract and start a new contract with a new phone so I could get something usable.  After much conversation with customer service via phone, I was told that my 2 options were to either go Early Edge (which is a complete ripoff...) or else just temporarily add another line to my account, pay for it for a few months then when my other contract is up, cancel that line and I would still be able to keep MY original phone number which I've had for much longer than I've been a Verizon customer.  This seemed like the better option and so I went into the store to combine my account with my wife's account first then do the second option.  After some time dealing with the individuals at the store they indicated that if I did this that I would not be allowed to keep MY number and that my only options were Early Edge or wait 2 months if I wanted to keep MY number.  This is horrendously disappointing and completely unfathomable that Verizon cannot work this out.  I feel like my number is being held hostage and that Verizon is trying to force me into the Edge program.  Considering that my wife and I have been extremely good customers for the past several years, I find this type of customer service to be an embarrassment.  I guess I'll have to strongly consider my third option which is to take my business to another provider along with MY phone number.  Hopefully someone at Verizon will read this and realize just how pathetic this level of customer service is. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anyone at Customer Service know what is going on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we'd ever want to see happen is you move on to another carrier. I do apologize for any issues or miscommunication that you ran into in regards to the current options available. May I ask what specific issues you're running into with your LG Spectrum? Early Edge is also a great option. Is there a particular device your considering?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we'd ever want to see happen is you move on to another carrier. I do apologize for any issues or miscommunication that you ran into in regards to the current options available. May I ask what specific issues you're running into with your LG Spectrum? Early Edge is also a great option. Is there a particular device your considering?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brandy0725
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hah, we are only one month out and having the same issue.  We were even told they could allow us to upgrade early as an override on the phone yesterday, but we couldn't get the phone we wanted.  What a joke!  I hope you are able to get them to work with you, I understand first hand how aggravating it is.  And you are dead on about the edge program, a joke!  Pay 24.95 a month, say you keep it 2 years... you've now paid $600 for your phone!  It was pushed at us multiple times on the phone and an edge contract was even emailed to my husband after we told them multiple times we didn't want any part of the edge program!

0 Likes
DisappointedInVerizo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spectrum is ridiculously slow.  Yesterday I pushed the button to call my wife when I left the office.  10 minutes later when I was pulling into the driveway, the call finally connected.  Also, may times texts get stuck and I have to resend several times before they go out.  Other times it is just very slow like it is frozen for several seconds to a minute or more of being completely unresponsive.  Then of course there is the random reboots.

I'd like to get a Galaxy S5 thinking that it would be a better quality device.  And, no, Early Edge is not a good option.  Even with the promotional special it would still cost an extra $15-$30/month which would easily buy a brand new phone in around 1.5 years.  Also, the fact that your phone has to be in near pristine condition for a trade in makes it not worth even considering...

0 Likes
DisappointedInVerizo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brandy0275, did you ever get any decent resolution to your issues?  I had the exact same thoughts about the Edge program as you.  Also, as was pointed out to me, even with the Edge program, you are still locked in for 2 years because even if you go to a different carrier, your contract indicates that you've agreed to pay the $24.95 for the full 24 months.

0 Likes
Brandy0725
Enthusiast - Level 2

No resolution yet, came here hoping I would be able to get some help...we shall see.  Kind of ridiculous that I am told by a supervisor they can upgrade us early to anything except the phone we were looking at, the Samsung S5.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to the corporate store and buy the device on Verizon's Device Payment Plan. Yes its full price but you get a brand new device before the contract ends. Then in two months you are contract free.

This is good if you still have unlimited data on your line.

You could borrow a device from a friend that works until the two full months are up and then go in and buy the device at the reduced cost. This is also a very good idea.

Hopefully one of these solutions will work for you.

Good Luck

IAmWhatIAm
Enthusiast - Level 3

This seems to be typical lately. We got bad customer service at our local Verizon corporate owned store. The sales person even insulted my wife.

So when we got home we tried to order what we wanted by calling Verizon and talking to a person that still did not get our order right. When we saw the copy of the order we cancelled it also. We wasted an hour on the phone.

That was strike two for Verizon.

Switch to AT&T or some other carrier. We used Sprint before switching to Verizon. Not sure how their reception is now. I know AT&T works great where we live because we know someone that uses them. We were with Sprint for 10 years at this same location and it worked great here and when we traveled to Florida. We have been with Verizon for 6, maybe 7, years as of this year.

When it is this hard to buy a couple of new phones then it is time to go somewhere else.

I do know that Disneyworld now uses AT&T instead of Verizon. They are now the official wireless provider.

We would have already switched since we are no longer under a contract, but my wife decided she wants to wait and see if the other carriers get the 32gb version of the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Our current phones work fine so we do not need another phone right away. I did cancel my cell phone with Verizon. I do not care which carrier I use as long as the phone works here where I live.

0 Likes
skiahh

Disappointed - have you done the math?

Prior to the last couple of days, I was 100% with you on the Edge program.  But I just ran my numbers and doing edge is about a $500 advantage over the 2 year contract/subsidized device for my situation.  I'm off my last 2 year contract, but it looks like you can bail on yours through the end of the month with no cost.

I've been with Verizon for... I don't know, maybe 15 years?  I doubt I'll switch; I tried once to ATT  but they just didn't have the coverage and still don't.  So, since I'll be sticking around, the 2 years is a moot point.

As for Edge, sure, you're buying a device at full retail, for which you get a monthly discount on your access.  Per line.  If you get less than 10GB per month, it doesn't make much sense and costs about the same as getting the subsidized 2 year contract.  If you get 10GB, you get a credit of $25/month on the line which covers the monthly payment.  Essentially your monthly cost is the same, but no upfront cost.  In 2 years, you continue to get the discount but stop paying for the phone.  Or, if you're a gadget-o-phile, you can upgrade in about a year.

Do the math.  Calculate it out over 2 years.  Check the different data levels.  Do you have any corporate discounts?  Don't forget to factor that in.  And when you calculate out the costs, don't forget to add the cost of purchasing the phone to the 2 year monthly total.

0 Likes
legrena
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, that's bad. I can certainly empathize with your frustration.  As a customer when you purchase service, you expect it to work. After all, Verizon is supposed to be "the best."  Just ask them and they will agree.

I finally decided to post up for the first time after running performance testing from my device.  The results are quite unacceptable. I'd like to see if someone with real useable knowledge can respond with an appropriate solution.  Maybe you can run some tests periodically as well, so you have actual proof to show if necessary.  This is the link to my post --> Unnaceptable download and upload speeds observed

0 Likes