Does Verizon really care?
pattenewma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went in today to cancel my previous "family plan" and update my service. Instead of canceling the service rep left the old service on (although one of the phones on the previous plan was non functional for several months because of a dead battery). So the next bill would have been twice the amount (which he admitted was paying too much...) Are these guys trained to play stupid or does Verizon just think people will pay whatever they think they can get?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon really care?
pattenewma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edwin: Thank you. Update from this morning. I called customer care and the most wonderful Courtney helped get it all straightened out with a followup email as to what the first month and then follow up month charges will be. She said the cancelled phone WAS cancelled but because I was paid through end of October it will not show up. There was a text block put on my phone (previous plan we had to pay for texts and I was receiving ads so blocked them) which had not been removed. Because the Verizon store has salespeople with tablets instead of paper - it's very frustrating if you do not have documentation of what has been done (or to see if it's done correctly) and have to rely on online data that doesn't make sense. At any rate - it's fixed and all is well. THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean cancel your plan and update your service?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pattenewma, we really do care and want you to have the best plan available for you and your family. Did you do an upgrade to a new device at the store and change over to the new Verizon Plan? Did you get a customer receipt showing the changes being made to your new plan? Please clarify some exact details as to what was transpiring at the store so we can help with your concerns.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pattenewma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for the $30 unlimited text and talk with 1 GB service for two phones and cancelled my previous family plan. My mom is in a nursing home and her phone/battery has been totally dead for months - so my total use on the previous plan was 9 mins in the last billing cycle. I had to buy two new phones today (samsung smartphone and a very basic LG extravert) and going online with all the changes - it looks like the new bill is $172/month instead of $90. I asked specifically how the next bill would look. When I followed up with online chat they said the new plan seemed to be some nationwide 450 mins. And the old plan was not cancelled until Oct 25th. I could NOT text with my new phone and could not synch it to my car for hands free. So obviously the sales staff half-assed the whole thing. So I am SO FED UP I'm inclined to just bring in the two new phones tomorrow, cancel the whole thing and go to sprint. After the chat - they said they would adjust the plan (not done) but I have to call customer care to cancel the old plan. WHY was it not done right when I went in today?

0 Likes
pattenewma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann. I had an old Samsung flip phone from alltel - a company that Verizon bought out. Two phones with 900 mins but texts were extra. No data. Couldn't replace the battery for less than $34 and my 88 yr old mom didn't need hers any more so I went in to cancel hers and add my husband to a NEW unlimited talk & text plan with 1 GB. Bought two new phones and mine will not text. Went online and the salesguy had NOT removed my mom and set us up with some family nationwide thing with a bill of $172/month and 450 mins. So paying more for less and not getting what I wanted. 

0 Likes
pattenewma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edwin: Thank you. Update from this morning. I called customer care and the most wonderful Courtney helped get it all straightened out with a followup email as to what the first month and then follow up month charges will be. She said the cancelled phone WAS cancelled but because I was paid through end of October it will not show up. There was a text block put on my phone (previous plan we had to pay for texts and I was receiving ads so blocked them) which had not been removed. Because the Verizon store has salespeople with tablets instead of paper - it's very frustrating if you do not have documentation of what has been done (or to see if it's done correctly) and have to rely on online data that doesn't make sense. At any rate - it's fixed and all is well. THANK YOU!

0 Likes
ChiFromPaloAlto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow. That's awesome to hear. I'm glad to hear more and more customers getting their problems sorted out Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pattenewma, it was really good to read this morning that everything is fixed. This is what we want to be all about, making our customers happy. You being happy makes us happy. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are here for you. http://bit.ly/1cn9CPd

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes