Does Verizon realize that there is a Priceing war going on?
Miz_K
Enthusiast - Level 1

Other carriers ( All other Carries) have announced pre orders for the Samsung S5 Verizon has not....not a peep!  why is the "largest carrier" holding out on us?

AT&T is marketing that you can get 4 smartphones + unlimited talk and Text and 10Gb of Data for $160...I have 3 smartphone and 6Gb of Data and my bill is over $250!  WHY!?!

Verizon Announced that they cut plans on users of over 10GB of data... but even at that users below that line are getting a Screw job.

Verizon slashes service plan pricing to match AT&T - Yahoo News

Verizon needs to answer the call and listen or there's going to be a mass exodus from Verizon

Family Cell Phone Plans – Save with Mobile Share Value Plans from AT&T

Verizon... Fix your plans.... show your customers you care about them!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Does Verizon realize that there is a Priceing war going on?
johndjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order to get that price cut by verizon, you must be on the edge plan.  So people who don't want a edge plan with 10 GB+ are getting screwed to.  A shame of a service, close to switching over.     

Tidbits
Legend

Beauty of a free market on luxury items. Money talks more than words. They know very well other carriers are cheaper. They've know for years and know their coverage is far superior in more locations than their competition. The choice is yours. Price or coverage. If I didn't get the price I want I'll walk away from all carriers and be phone less like billions of people around the world.

There is no mass exodus happening as if it was going to happy it should have happened years ago.

0 Likes
vzwfelixx

Im curious to where you would go. Verizon offers this options to customers because att offers the same option.  With att, you have to pay the full price

0 Likes
zdanish
Enthusiast - Level 1

AGREED! The only reason I have kept Verizon is not because their service  Is so awesome, in fact, it's far inferior here in TX. Ppl might have 4g or 4glte, and I'm over here like "I have 4, oh, no, well make that 2 bars" then again, it's the best customer svc.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You seem to be pointing out the highlights of the plans available on the other carriers. What about the small print?

You don't seem to be mentioning any of Verizon's current offerings, such as $180 for 4 smartphones sharing 10 GB of data. Of course, there is small print in this offer just as there is small print in the offers from the other carriers.

Personally, I would certainly consider switching to AT&T, but their offer of $160 for 4 smartphones with 10 GB of shared data would not save me any money. My monthly bill would be approximately the same. Since the service footprint of Verizon meets my needs and is superior to the service footprint I had last time I was with AT&T, I see no reason to switch since I would see no reduction in my monthly cost.

As always, if you can get the same or better service at a different provider for a lower cost, I don't understand the attempts to get Verizon to lower their prices. Why not just go to the provider which will meet your needs at the best price???? It seems people are simply trying to increase the stress in their life. If you are unhappy with your provider, go with the provider which you prefer.Smiley Happy

livestrong3c

Because not everyone qualifies for the Edge plan...I was chatting with a rep today and he said I was not eligible for Edge...but could not tell me why???  If I was eligible today, my plan for FOUR smart phones and unlimited talk and text with 10 gb would have been $160 (with my discount)...but since I'm not...my current plan includes only three smart phones, one basic phone, 1400 shared minutes, and 6 gb of data total.  So, I pay approximately $280 every month for this great plan and have no other options at this time and could not even be told why.  The Edge plan sounds great...wouldn't I LOVE to save $120 a month!  I am currently shopping for a new carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

livestrong3c

The last thing I want is for you to leave us over this!  I would love the opportunity to review your account and see what equipment upgrade and plan options are available to you.  Just follow me back, and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

Anthony Ta
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Depending on why you are not eligible for Edge, you could ALSO not be eligible for AT&T's Next plan and would end up paying full retail(~$600+) for each of your phones in order to qualify for the discount on their plan. Not many people are going to want to pony up $2400+ in order to save $100/month over 24 months.

Don't forget about any ETFs on your account.

Are you not eligible for Edge on ANY of your lines or simply some of them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Miz.K

I've got great news for you! We are now accepting pre-orders for the S5,http://vz.to/1bKrxgN. Put your order in today.

With AT&T's family share plan, you have to get your device through their next program to get those discounts. We have similar pricing when you switch to More Everything and purchase your next device through Edge.

Visit http://vz.to/1ja4rAJ for additional details.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes