Does Verizon intend to invest any of my hard earned money?
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

My family spends a great deal of money with Verizon... Since October 2016 we have had some network issues, that became MAJOR problems after they introduced the unlimited plan in March 2017! We have had numerous trouble tickets to address the issues, and yet to this day, even though they know the Syracuse area is now considered Marginal, They have done NOTHING to fix the KNOWN issue! All day today, One of my lines has not been able to achieve more than 3G coverage, and my wife who works in a nursing home, has had issues with the signal bouncing all over the place! Though we pay for 4G Lte. And while on the phone with Tier 2 Tech support, the resolution... I have the option to bring my devices back and go to another company. They have NO problem taking our money every month. they also have no problem takin back the device that we have half paid off (and of coarse will not give our money back for said devices!)! WE pay top dollar for the best devices. we pay top dollar for what is supposed to be the best network. But when we have issues with the network, they also have no problem, abandoning their customers! Neither of our phones have reached the 22GB limit to become "prioritized" for the month. So that's not the excuse they could use this time! We have 6 active lines, and while one phone cannot hold a steady signal, another is holding strong at 4G Lte. Our phone bill is plenty over $400 a month between the data plan and the device payments! Does Verizon intend on doing anything with MY money, or any money to start fixing these KNOWN ISSUES? Or am I better off going to my attorney and start a Class Action Lawsuit? The option to walk away is not very appealing, when you have several $900 devices that are half paid for and Verizon will take the device back, but refuses to give the money back that you invested in them devices. Class Action Lawsuit seems like the better option since that direction will actually cost them MONEY!  All of OUR HARD EARNED MONEY THAT EVERY CUSTOMER SPENDS WITH THEM!

Come on people. Voice your opinions. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: Does Verizon intend to invest any of my hard earned money?
rcschnoor
Legend

diggerdegroff wrote:

Or am I better off going to my attorney and start a Class Action Lawsuit?

Why is it always "Class Action" this and "Class Action" that. The ONLY people who ever make any money with a "Class Action" lawsuit are the lawyers you hire to try the case.

diggerdegroff wrote:

Class Action Lawsuit seems like the better option since that direction will actually cost them MONEY!

That would be incorrect, since it won't happen and hasn't been possible since 2011.

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like how you pick out little snippets of everything i stated... and the only reason it hasn't since 2011 is because there isn't an attorney out there that can pick a good argument to stand face... But mine can and will! My attorney on his own would mop the floors with the entire legal staff of Verizon! and become a case study for years to come! and it is people like you that allow this to happen by bowing down to the all mighty and letting them get away with it. they have know that the network has issues handling the capacity since at minimum, March, when they released the new unlimited plans, and they knew that when they also introduced Prioritization (better known as throttling). So they were well aware of the impact it was going to have, and yet, to this day have invested nothing in fixing the problem. I am sure when this hits the courts a Judge will have enough brains to see through any argument Verizon could ever come up with to try and justify the millions they make for themselves but nothing in return to the customers. The FCC made laws that they still don't follow. Like the one that addresses the unlocking of the phones. the one that Verizon still does what they want how they want. There are service menus in a device that the consumer should have access to, but don't because Verizon has the need to control everything. Every other provider has done as the FCC has regulated and actually unlocked their devices. But not Good Ol' Verizon!

CodeDescription
*#*#4636#*#*Display information about Phone, Battery and Usage statistics
*#*#7780#*#*Restting your phone to factory state-Only deletes application data and applications
*2767*3855#It's a complete wiping of your mobile also it reinstalls the phones firmware
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you said Syracuse do you mean Syracuse New York?

0 Likes
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. That is correct. Syracuse New York...

0 Likes
David_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd join the class action. This is a bait and switch fraud.

0 Likes
David_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Digger must spend his day answering this complaint. Poor guy. Quit your job Digger . . . It ain't worth the money.

David_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Inappropriate content,  such as complaints of service, are a violation of your terms of service.

0 Likes
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

The thing is. I'm not in it for me, or any money! I'm in it for my family my friends and even for people I don't know. For Verizon to be the best that they say they are. They used to be...

diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the confidence once again, that when i pick up my $900 phone, I will have the service that I pay for. That we all pay for, but Verizon is behind on the upkeep of their structure. I see the money flowing to them, but where does it go after that? I used to work as a contractor for Verizon building maintenance, and seen the checks these people cashed, as Verizon Employees! You wouldn't believe me if I told you I seen severance checks in the amount of 1.4 million dollars...