Re: Does Verizon care about customer retention?
MissAlyssa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very well said. 👌 and it doesn't  help that there are only a few great customer service reps left in thier line up. 

0 Likes
MissAlyssa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excuse me, no one is asking for handouts.  Obviously this is a business, $$$ comes first as it should in any sales oriented business.  However, Verizon is not the only top dog anymore.  They have real competition now, from real reliable providers ready and willing to incentivise.  VZ should consider the bigger picture. 

FlyBoy42
Enthusiast - Level 1
Until today I would have said yes Verizon cares about customer retention. I clearly have been mistaken. I've been a happy Verizon customer for 18 years now. I was never even tempted by competitor offers because I thought I had the carrier with customer service I could count on. Until today that is. Without going into great detail regarding my situation I'll just say a Verizon rep gave me incorrect information during a call a couple weeks ago, information that I counted on for an upcoming purchase. After a chat with Verizon customer service today I've sadly discovered Verizon apparently does not have the integrity I thought they did. I'm not happy about it, but I will be moving on to a new carrier as soon as I have settled on one of the competing offers.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FlyBoy42, this is not the stellar experience we want for a long term customer like you. The very last thing we would wish  is to lose you as a customer. Please allow us the opportunity to assist. Are you able to provide some details on exactly what has transpired?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FlyBoy42
Enthusiast - Level 1
In a nutshell, I was planning on upgrading phones and adding several new lines to my service and spoke with a Verizon rep right after Thanksgiving with several questions. One of those questions was how long would the current pricing be available? I was told the pricing would be available until Christmas. However when I went to place the order last week it was no longer available. I called Verizon again to ask that under the circumstances I be given the offer, but was told that would not be possible. I would either have to accept a lesser offer or wait until after Christmas when the offer would be available again. Neither of these options was acceptable to me, and my promise to take my business elsewhere didn't seem to matter to the rep at all. So now I find myself with an offer in hand from AT&T which is far better and much less expensive than the original offer from Verizon. Given this experience with Verizon I can't see any reason not to accept the AT&T offer, and will likely do just that this afternoon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FlyBoy42,

I appreciate the added details, and I apologize for the misinformation we provided for you. With any promotions we have, employees are not privy to the end dates, as offers can be extended or ended at any time. To back that up, here is a link to the details on current promos (http://spr.ly/66021Vx5G), which states for each promotion "For a limited time."

Nevertheless, we made a mistake on our end by stating a promotion would go through until Christmas. We wouldn't want to see your 18 years of loyalty go down the tubes, so let's get this addressed. A Private Note has been sent to you so we can investigate this further. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
jh505
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME!!

0 Likes
jh505
Enthusiast - Level 1

New business model clearly incentivises only new customers, not existing.  Nearly every post here has the same experience.   All we are asking for is the same deals as new customers or those adding a line.  We would happily have signed on for another 2 years if given the promotion.  Not a single agent of 5 I have spoke to(including chat, phone, and instore) cares if we leave.  Looks like we will be taking our 4 lines of servece to At&t.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you and will do everything we can to find the best possible deal for you.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
khi12

Today Stumble across this thread because I called Verizon to get help with adding new line to our existing account and possibly upgrading our old phones. The warranty phones they replaced me thru their insurance company is glitchy like crazy, it freezes on me constantly just to browse webpage not even playing a game.  Been with verizon for a long time.  Never thought about switching but thinking about canceling all together and going with Tmobile.   Talked to a rep, he sounded pretty dry and careless to keep a good consistent customer.   I felt like I was wasting his time asking about my account.  Time to move on and save some money.....

0 Likes