Re: Does Verizon care about customer retention?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, meganzplace. As it turns out, we have many trade in options that can be looked into by clicking the following link : https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in/#/. 

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
rogerrogerroger
Enthusiast - Level 1

You dont care about me unless im a new conquest customer.  I have been on Verizon since alltel days and pay them over 2000 monthly between all our plans. I worked out a great deal on a new unlimited plan for my personal lines on friday. I tried call in and sign up today and guess what there is no record of the hour long chat and the offer does not exist. What a terrible company I would never do that to a customer. Looks I'm shopping around.

Falcon09_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Suggestion:

There are ways to record phone/text communication with any device. Check your OS app store. Also, before totally calling it quits with Verizon being as though you have made a loyal investment, request speaking with a manager in either the customer service or sales department. I'm only suggesting. At the end of the day. Verizon or any other carrier can not afford to lose any of us. I don't work for Verizion I'm in a totally different industry that requires me to travel all 48 states very frequently. I must have superior mobile network connections 24/7 .

I hope your issues are resolved asap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rogerrogerroger The last thing we want is to lose a long time, loyal customer. I'm sorry to learn of your experience. This is definitely not what we would expect from our Customer Service. What plan were you looking to switch to? I would be happy to help and review the available options. I'm also sending you a private message. Please be sure to respond to it. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
gwil21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am at my wits end with being told to add a line. I have 4 already and do not need another one. What I need is a deal to replace 2 of my phones but verizon couldn't care less. At this point I am searching for a new provider.

me514
Enthusiast - Level 1

They absolutly do not. 

I have been with them a long time. We had lines on hold for military reasons. They re-instated them without warning and then slammed us with all the fees racking up over $2k. Spoke to financial services they couldnt help. Was sent to Ben ID 2398 in Retention Services and he was an wiseguy. He said he could not send me to a supervisor who he said was Sheila ID 2399. But could have her call me back kwithin 24hours. I asked ger her voicemail. After a very long hold, I was sent to a line that rang, and then went silent. No voicemail no person but call was still connected. This is how they treat military and it is a disgrace. 

Time to go to a better carrier after all these years.

stevecloud75
Enthusiast - Level 2

It really is a problem.  No, I don't expect everything for free.  However, when new customers can get phones for free, or BOGO, etc., it just seems kinda lame.  We have 6 lines with Verizon, and honestly... the LTE speeds where we live (in a city) are SERIOUSLY slow.  When I call Verizon about it, I always get "our system does not show any problems" or "we're working on it..."  Verizon is the most expensive network out there, but they have the most coverage.  They have us over a barrel, and they know it.  Used to have to use AT&T due to work, and they are just as bad.  

My other beef is that they only give the "trade in every year" deal to iphone users.  If you use anything else, you're on your own.  If there were another option that was legitimate (other than AT&T, which I'll never use again), I'd seriously consider it.

Jimdparks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to upgrade to two new I phones from Verizon, and it has been the worst customer service experience of my life. Every other provider is offering some incentives to switch , some offer buy one get one free I phones and some even off free I phone 11 with a two year contract . I have been with Verizon for years and as you all know their service is already the most expensive monthly cost of all providers and you would think that Verizon would offer the same deal on new phones to existing customers as they off to new customers , but they do not, I really  think Verizon hates their existing customers they have only showed me contempt in ever interaction I have had with them. My daughters have service with other providers and honestly their cell coverage and data bandwidth is the same as the coverage I have with Verizon , cell service is just a commodity now so I suppose we all should just swap providers every year and go for the best deal , why should I be loyal to a company that does not want my business , the only reason I have not switched yet is because it takes time to do it and I am lazy, anyway when I do find a new provider I won’t come back to Verizon 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you Jimdparks. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we don't want that to change. Our promotions always have requirements. The one you mentioned is for both new and existing customers. This offer requires a switch. If this doesn't apply to you, simply choose from another offer. We also provide account specific promotions based on your tenure and service. This is a benefit only existing customers receive.  Our current deals can be viewed here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/. All carriers are offering switch promotions.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Jtags25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've recently discovered Verizon doesn't care about loyalty. I've been with them since they were AirTouch and it does not matter. 😔