Does Verizon Roadside Assistance work?
mridude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to use Verizon "roadside assistance" last night when I had a tire blow out on the interstate. I was unable to get an answer when I called the roadside assistance phone number  877-623-7433. Nobody answered the phone. This was an emergency situation due to the traffic and area that the tire blew out so eventually I had to call my own wrecker. This cost me $125.00.

This morning I called Verizon customer service and was told that there was nothing he could do to get my $125 reimbursed. I was told that the reason nobody answered my call for help was "it was a busy night" due to New Years eve. My response to that was that when I agreed to pay monthly for Verizon so-called roadside assistance, I was not told that on "busy" nights it might not work.  He said there was nothing he could do. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he told me that it would be a one hour hold time to speak with a supervisor.

I am a ten year customer with Verizon and this is unacceptable customer service. I have plenty of other cell phone providers anxious for my business.

Labels (1)
Re: Does Verizon Roadside Assistance work?
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

You can submit a claim to get reimbursed but you have to call the roadside assistance number, not customer service. Customer service cannot do anything with roadside assistance except add or remove it from your account.  The reason that is the case is because the service is actually provided by a third party, not Verizon Wireless.  I had to submit a claim for towing once and I got a check in about three weeks.  On a side note, I had a bad experience every time that I used the service.  I decided to go with the roadside assistance offered by my insurance company.  The monthly cost was about the same.  The only benefit to the service you can get thru VZW is that it covers any car that you drive or are a passenger in.

0 Likes