Does Verizon Offer Contract Buyout / ETF Early Termination Fee on Bestbuy Purchase?
ccuser011

Question , has anyone successfully gotten Verizon to reimburse ETF and/or DPP contract buyout on 3rd party channel purchase(i.e. service and phone bought at BestBuy)?

Reason I asked because their website does not explicitly make it clear whether it is available if service and phone was sold through bestbuy or target etc.

Bestbuy clerk mentioned that since they are offering BB gift card on sign ups, contract buyout will not be available, but when I asked Verizon sales # and vz store clerk, they told me that I will still be eligible. I tried searching but didn't come across any relevant post of this topic....hence I am starting one.

Can anyone share their experience or insights on this.

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon Offer Contract Buyout / ETF Early Termination Fee on Bestbuy Purchase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for considering our service as we would love to offer a great wireless experience. I apologize as we are unable to extend our Switch offer of up to $650.00 towards your switching fee after a trade-in when purchasing through a National Retailer like Best Buy.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon Offer Contract Buyout / ETF Early Termination Fee on Bestbuy Purchase?
ccuser011

Correct me if I misunderstood...

I am ineligible IF I TRADE IN device at Bestbuy

I am eligible if I simply buy galaxy S7 at on DPP at Bestbuy (No trade ins at BB)

I am planing to simply buy from Bestbuy because they are offering $200 GC on VZ DPP.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What exactly is your question?

Are you already a VZW customer?

Are you switching to VZW?

You can't double dip promos (to the best of my knowledge). If BB isn't offering the switch promo from VZW you can't take advantage of it.

0 Likes
ccuser011

I am not VZW customer

I want to switch to VZW thru BestBuy (so I can get $200 giftcard sign up offer).

I want Verizon to reimburse me for remaining balance on my existing device(s) with sprint (I will be trading it in to Verizon)

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If the Best Buy store doesn't advertise the deal that you are seeking through VZW then you shouldn't buy at Best Buy. You should go to a store that advertises that deal.

0 Likes