Does TravelPass include the mobile hotspot feature?
dprd

Does anyone know whether Travel Pass (use regular minutes, SMS & data buckets when in other countries, with no roaming fees, for $10/day) also includes Hotspot data usage (e.g. tethering my laptop to my phone?) I think it should since domestically it is included in my plan free of charge using just data, and the TravelPass option enables international data to be treated as domestic. But wanted to double check to make sure I won't end up with a huge roaming bill.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does TravelPass include Hotspot?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to help clear up any confusion regarding the hotspot feature being used with Travel Pass, Weth. As long as the country you are visiting is compatible with your Travel Pass feature you can certainly use hotspot like you normally do. Usage is deducted from your domestic data allowance. For more information you can visit us here: http://vz.to/1QyCAvE

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Great question. I just recently added this to my account, but I have not travelled yet. I cannot find anything concrete on Verizon's site to confirm the hotspot is included.

I did find this on a TripAdvisor post:

15. Re: Verizon Wireless

Just go back and checked my Verizon bill online and was pleased to see we were only charged the $2 per day (we have unlimited text and calling which I only used a few times) I used my hotspot for my ipad to check emails and get weather and that worked great, The WiFi at the Sunscape Sabor was HORRIBLE, even in the lobby I never could connect. You just have to call before you go so they know you want to use it. Did get a text every day reminding me that the 24hr was almost up.  Verizon Wireless - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

That seems to indicate it is included, but it would be great to get absolute confirmation from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to help clear up any confusion regarding the hotspot feature being used with Travel Pass, Weth. As long as the country you are visiting is compatible with your Travel Pass feature you can certainly use hotspot like you normally do. Usage is deducted from your domestic data allowance. For more information you can visit us here: http://vz.to/1QyCAvE

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jimko

Is this answer still true? I tried it last night and it did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you can use your services when you travel. Did you get any error codes when you tried to use your hotspot? Let us know what happened, we would like to help you figure out what is going on. What kind of phone do you have? What country did you travel to?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes