Does Env3 need a data plan?
theluisrodriguez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Env3 and I only want to use it without the data plan. Is that possible right now. I tried it online and says I have to have a data plan. Is there a way to block it because I heard there was.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Env3 need a data plan?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Env3 no longer requires a data plan.  You can call Verizon, have them activate the phone without a data plan, and place a data block on it (or do this in a Corporate store).  If you activate it on-line, add the data plan and then call Verizon and have them remove it and put a data block on the line.

Enjoy your Env3 ... I loved using mine.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Env3 no longer requires a data plan.  You can call Verizon, have them activate the phone without a data plan, and place a data block on it (or do this in a Corporate store).  If you activate it on-line, add the data plan and then call Verizon and have them remove it and put a data block on the line.

Enjoy your Env3 ... I loved using mine.

theluisrodriguez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank YOU!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are welcome.

0 Likes
14LOWET

hey can  u plz help me I have triedthis so many times

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried one of the options above to activate it?  What issue are you having activating it?

0 Likes
14LOWET

the person i recently brought the phone from says no data plan is required so i call my representative and try to activate the phone but its on the 80 dollar plan but on the box where i receive the phone says 1.99 pay as you go

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I saw your other post about a Rogue, so I'm not sure if you're trying to activate a Rogue or env3, but regardless, neither one requires a data plan.  If you try to activate it on-line, it may require you to choose a data plan; if so, choose one, and then after activating, immediately call Customer Service and have them cancel the data plan and put a data block on the phone.  If you are trying to activate the phone on pre-paid, I'm afraid I don't have knowledge of those plans, but I wouldn't think a data plan would be necessary there, either.

0 Likes
14LOWET

Its the Rougue I've tried everything but I probably have to send it back but thanks for the help .

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to activate it on-line or by dialing *228?  Have you tried taking it to the local Corporate Verizon store and see if they'll help you activate it?

0 Likes