Do I need to sign a new contract for this?
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

My family is looking to switch from individual sets of data to the shared More Everything plan. Do we need to sign new contracts to do this? We won't be getting new phones, just adjusting the plan,  switching everyone over to shared data, tethering, etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need to sign a new contract for this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
xthelancerx,

We want you to have the best plan to fit your family needs. Since you are all currently on the same account your can definitely change to the More Everything plan, and it will not change your contract dates on your lines. To find the best plan for your family visit... http://vz.to/1CgKg1m You can then sign into My Verizon and make the plan change... http://vz.to/1R3lyFB

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

Depends how you want to do it and how long the terms of the contract.

Anything on contract will continue to have it's contract unless its under 1 year and it will be raised to 1 year at that point.

One person will take over all the lines and becomes responsible for all of them.

0 Likes
MaddieBre
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no idea what that other person is talking about, all they are going to do is change they plan, it will not extend you contract at all.

Tidbits
Legend

From what I gathered they are ALL ON DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS AND OWNERS.  You can't simply put them all together as if one owner could.  They will have to do a AOL(Assumption of Liability) in order to make a family plan and 1 PERSON has to control all the lines.  If they are under 1 year it WILL extend the contract to 1 year.  So if any are out of contract is best to use the upgrade then do an AOL.

0 Likes
MaddieBre
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that he just means that they are all on Nationwide, and that they all have separate data packages.

0 Likes
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are all on the same plan, one owner, but we have 2GB seperate, per person. Just want to change to More Everything (we already are on Verizon) so we share data rather than have separate data.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If they are on the same account then yes you can pool them together. Just can't do it with different owners.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
xthelancerx,

We want you to have the best plan to fit your family needs. Since you are all currently on the same account your can definitely change to the More Everything plan, and it will not change your contract dates on your lines. To find the best plan for your family visit... http://vz.to/1CgKg1m You can then sign into My Verizon and make the plan change... http://vz.to/1R3lyFB

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

We aren't going to be switching, after all. Looked into the costs and such, thought it would be cheaper to do "More Everything" but have decided against it because it really is "More Everything", including $$$ per month. I thought it would be cheaper than our current ridiculous $283 a month bill for our family of 4, each with 2GB of data, but it isn't apparently. Our bill is $240 or $250 plus taxes and fees, making it $283. More Everything is $270 plus the same taxes and fees. If we had more carriers in our area, we would have switched months ago because of how Verizon offers no favorable features (lacks data bucket, wifi calling, etc, etc) and is so expensive, but we have no other options. It feels like Verizon doesn't even want its customers to stay. We have been with Verizon for over 10 years and this is what we get? How nice. I'm sorry to get heated, but I feel trapped and scammed by this carrier.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How much data does each of those lines use?  You may be able to get by with a lower data package than 8GB - 4GB might be sufficient. Also, if any of the lines are out of contract (on a month to month basis), you can discount the $40/line access fee for each of those lines that is out of contract, by $15 if the data bucket is <6GB, by $25 if the bucket is 6GB or higher. 

See if you can reduce the data bucket, and grab a discount for each line that is off contract, and you may save some money with MORE Everything.