Do I need to return new iPhone 6 and buy it again to get $300 credit?
tackbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello. I have a question about $300 new smartphone credit program.

I purchased iPhone 6 through online on 8/25 and am waiting for arrival now. I'm transferring other carrier's number to Verizon and will trade in my old phone (iPhone 4s) to Verizon in order to get $300 credit. But I think I failed to visit the recycling page and to have my old phone appraised before checkout (I don't remember if $200 credit appeared in my cart). So, after the purchase, I visited the recycling page and applied the program (the postage-paid recycling box will also arrive soon.).

Now, I just started being concerned if I will get $300 credit after I send my old phone, because I think my purchase process was not associated with my recycling program application. If I will not be able to get $300 credit because of my process, I think I need to return new iPhone with $35 fee and purchase it again, which is a bit awkward...

So, is there any way to make sure I will get $300 ??

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need to return new iPhone 6 and buy it again to get $300 credit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so glad that you have come to the Verizon Wireless family, tackbow. This is important to know where you stand on your port-in and trade in credit. It is a $200.00 trade in credit and then a $100.00 bill credit when you purchase a phone on the Device Payment Plan. If you click on this link http://vz.to/1MAe4Ja, it will explain the order of how to make sure the discounts will be applied. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's a loaded question. I don't think there is anyway to make sure you get the $300 credit. Just look at all the folks who have posted who didn't get their port in credit because they didn't follow the directions to the T.

On the same note, returning the items will probably prove to me equally as difficult as Verizon seems to misplace a lot of returned items, including returned items and recycled phones.

You don't have time to wait for a Verizon Rep to reply to this forum; this is primary a peer to peer forum. It could take minutes, hours, or days for a Verizon Employee to respond.

I suggest calling them:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/contact-us.html

Even calling them a few times to see if you get different responses from different employees. Tread lightly. Make sure you ask if you picked the right plan, the right phone, sending back the old phone correctly etc. etc. in order to get the credit. I'm sure the phone you're sending in also has to be in pristine working condition, but I would ask about that too - make sure there are no cracks in the screen, major dents. We don't want to see you back here in a couple weeks frustrated.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF you don't follow the requirements exactly, your chances of getting $300 goes down dramatically.  That includes doing everything in the correct order.  It sounds like you are putting your $300 at risk since you have not followed the exact requirements in order.  If you line already ports over, you can't easily redo that. Redo may be best option.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so glad that you have come to the Verizon Wireless family, tackbow. This is important to know where you stand on your port-in and trade in credit. It is a $200.00 trade in credit and then a $100.00 bill credit when you purchase a phone on the Device Payment Plan. If you click on this link http://vz.to/1MAe4Ja, it will explain the order of how to make sure the discounts will be applied. Please keep us posted if you have any other questions.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tackbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

MiiHere, Weth and VWCS,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that I need to return a new phone to make sure I will be able to get $300 credit... Okay, I will do it.

Again, thank you all.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Be weary of that also. I would ask if you can drop it off at a corporate Verizon location vs. mailing it back. Also know the return process will take awhile so it may be weeks before you can order and do things in whatever order the Verizon Rep suggested without still seeing a $700+ charge on the new account for the first returned device.

Weth
Legend

Yes document and photograph everything.  If you do send it in, make sure you have tracking numbers, keep them even after it says it is delivered to Verizon.  Take screen shots of the current offer you are using with dates shown.