Do I need a new Sim Card?
kc1768

I have a 3G BB and purchased a used 4G Android. I assume the Sim card from my BB can not be used in the 4G phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do I need a new Sim Card?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card in your BlackBerry is a Vodafone SIM card meant for overseas travel.

The 4G LTE phone will need a new 4G LTE SIM card. You can order one when you go to activate the phone through your MyVerizon account under the Switch/Activate device option. You can also go to a corporate Verizon Wireless store and have it activated in the store and receive a 4G LTE SIM card at that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Your assumption is correct. The SIM in the BB is for international use only.  It has no function when you are active on the Verizon network.  The Verizon 4G-LTE SIM's are a different version of SIM card and the two are not compatible.

Good luck.

0 Likes
kc1768

That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the fast reply!

Do you know if there is a fee? Also, I assume I can keep the BB Sim card in case I decide to switch back to BB?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no fee if you get one from a corporate Verizon Wireless store or request one be mailed to you through your MyVerizon account.

Third party retailers however might have different policies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes