Dissappointed
JJG1699

I was with US Cellular since 1999 and decide to switch to Verizon mainly because you advertised a family locator that I thought would be helpful with keeping track of my teenager. I asked 2 different 800 customer reps and the customer sales person in store if it was something Verizon could turn on in the phone and the kid would not know. Answer was yes so we signed up. After we had signed up we found out that it is really an app that you must put on the phone and you have to pay $10 a month and the kid can disable it. Well that won't work since there are free apps out there that do the same thing. Not a good start since US Cellular did nothing wrong all the years with them. When I signed up I was told that I would receive great trade in values for my 2 Galaxy phones and Apple 6s, never once was told that they had to be in great shape, just told they had to work, saving us huge amounts on our monthly bill. Super, another great reason to switch, save money. Today I received an email that my Apple phone was only worth $92, far cry from the $600 plus I was told. I have only been with Verizon less than a month and been hosed twice by the wrong information. Please tell me how much my bill will be after all the promotional stuff goes away. I am guessing that since the Apple I got hosed on the Apple trade in I will have to pay more for the new Apple 7 I purchased. Unbelievable this has happened, we aren't much for change and now you see why. If our bill goes up to much more and it is close to what we were paying with US Cellular, we won't be a Verizon customer very long! Very disappointed!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dissappointed
mama23dogs
Legend

If you switched and bought your iPhone 7 during the September promotion, which offered up to $650 off your new phone for trading in your old phone, the notice may be part of the process.  This step just confirms they have the phone.  However, $160 was the amount most were notified of.  So you may not receive full value. 

FYI all promotions are listed online, in detail.  Including the part about phones being in good cosmetic and working condition.

0 Likes