Disrespectful store associate and poor service
asrs5162

On black friday, we visited a Verizon Wireless store at 1311 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA and then after spending close to three hours in store, we signed up for a new Verizon service. I was feeling happy with my purchase and the deal I got until yesterday when I realized that it was not so good after all. The main reason was the lack of communication and walking over important terms and conditions by the store associate.

During the set up and discussion of the agreements not one time did he mention the following to us:

1. There is a $35 restocking fee for any phone you return or exchange during the 14 day period.

Primarily, we were interested in Iphone 6 but since the 64 Gb was not in stock he let us know that we have 14 days to try device we decided to avail benefit of the black friday sale and get the two galaxy S5 phones. If we had known about restocking fee, we would have given a second thought and may be not signed up with S5 or order iphones on that day.

Now, we have to pay that fee to exchange them for Iphones.

2. Biggest blunder: For the ellipsis tablet, no time did he mention that there was:

a $35 activation fee

a $70 restocking fee

a 3 day window period to test device and return to avoid being charged for activation fee

3. He did not even give me a copy of receipt which mentioned the above terms. If I had I known all these conditions, I would never have gotten the device in first place or walked out with it. Now, due to this lack of communicating the terms clearly, I am stuck with a 2 year contract on a mediocre tablet. Either I cough out the $70  restocking fee or live with this for two years.

I was assuming that with phone activations, the tablet activation was free too and with lack of paper copy, already tired with waiting for two hours and the sale crowd in store made me overlook the facts on your tablet. I feel terrible on my decision to get that tablet and sign up service for two years.

4. Yesterday, I went to store with no knowledge of these terms and spoke to the rude manager who would not want to help and kept saying that my associate can never do this and he always takes time with customers and explains them the details before signing the contracts.

After waiting for more than two hours, the manager touch based with him regarding the issue and he never had a courtesy to come up and talk two minutes to clarify this. All this time, he pretended as though I did not exist and kept chatting with a new customer.

This was utterly disrespectful behavior and I was terribly upset with this service. How can you not have a few minutes to at least let your manager know what had happened or clarify if you had walked me through all the conditions and handed me the paper receipts.

I work out of town and have a limited time to spend with family and kids and for three occasions, I had to spend a minimum of two hours in store with not much benefit but leave frustrated. I would rather have ordered phones online from comfort of home but that day, I decided to may be engage with a decent honest store associate and get good service.

My experience has now proved me wrong. This has really soured my relationship with Verizon for a mistake for which mainly the associate and store manager is responsible.

I hope someone in Verizon team can hold them accountable and cancel all the fees associated with this sale. Also, want to warn other customers that to not fall for the glamour of device or the deals with hidden catches. The store associates earn commissions on our backs and offload the devices to us without informing clearly the main terms and conditions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disrespectful store associate and poor service
tigerthetony
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in a store, I have had a few of those but most associates seem to be on the up and up in my local store. Have you tried contacting the main customer service about the issue at *611? I've gotten some great service through them in the past with issues like this. If you can document the dates and what happened, it may take awhile but they should be able to help you out with some of those fee's and such if you weren't made aware of them.

0 Likes
Re: Disrespectful store associate and poor service
Not applicable

I have noted the other reply you received to your post however.

1- we have to check out service conditions prior to leaving the store.

2- Never ever not read the paper receipt prior to signing as agreed.

And yes they are required to give you a paper copy on the spot. Don't fall for the receipt is on line in your account documents.

3- That free tablet has a $10 a month fee for two years. $240 for those two years. That should have been explained to you.

4- The purchasing of two devices on try out within that 14 day worry free guarantee does have $35 restocking fees. But remember Verizon can no longer sell those devices at "new" prices but used.

So they took a hit if you return them. In cases like these you should have waited for your iphones instead of causing undue costs to the carrier and yourself.

5- Those restocking fees or upgrade fees will not be refunded because the sales people did inform you as you state in your post. They also have your signature agreeing to everything. Again if you insisted they would have given the written receipt.

When I go to the corporate store I have to sign a long receipt, and yes I make them print it all out. I have been told the printer at the store was broken (told them I will wait until its fixed) was told the document is available online and they used a tablet to go to the My Verizon web portal. I still don't sign and all of a sudden the paper is in the printer. Amazing.

You can call 1-800-922-0204 and argue the case but I would not expect any refunds.

Remember sales people will tell you anything to make sales.

Good Luck