Disney plus tax
amccullen18

Before I sign up for Disney plus I saw where it says taxes may apply... does that mean you still get charged tax or just when the year is up? Quick answer would be great if possible thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Disney plus tax
rcschnoor
Legend

This MAY be a state to state thing. For instance, back when Verizon offered a "discounted" phone in exchange for signing a 2 yr contract, some states would charge you tax on the full retail cost of the device while others would only charge you tax on the discounted cost of the device. I don't know if this is the same sort of situation, but it is possible.

I have signed up for Disney+ thru Verizon, but I have not yet received my first Verizon bill since signing up and would be unable to tell if I have been charged any taxes. My state was one which did not charge tax based upon the full retail cost when purchasing a discounted phone, so whether or not I am charged taxes may not even provide a correct answer for you. If you need to know the answer of whether or not you would be charged tax on getting a free item with a maximum value of $84 dollars before deciding to sign up, you may have to wait until people start receiving their first Verizon bill after signing up. The MAXIMUM tax you would have to pay, regardless, would most certainly be less than $10 for the entire year of Disney+ service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amccullen18, everyone is excited for the Disney+ app! Taxes can vary by state. You can read more about the Disney+ promotion here: http://spr.ly/660513YhP

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I just receviced my first bill after signing up for Disney+. The related billing page is shown below:

Untitled.jpg

There are no additional taxes on this month's bill and my monthly bill total is the exact same amount as last month. I can't say if you state would treat taxes on this promotional valuse the same as my state does, though.

0 Likes