Disgusted with Verizon customer service
Fiddlerddrn

I have chosen this forum to voice a serious complaint against Verizon Wireless, both with customer service and the manager on duty at the store I visited today. 

I went into the Verizon store in Reston Virginia to upgrade my daughters phone as hers began leaking fluid from the front screen. Once at the store, our sales representative, Mia, was not able to see the same information regarding upgrade availability that I was seeing. She suggested I place the order my self and arrange for a store pickup. I did so but was never presented with the option of in store pickup. Mia suggested I contact customer service to determine why this happened and to correct the issue. I contact them and spoke with a customer service representative named India. (I believe). India stated that she would cancel the order I placed and I asked her to help me facilitate placing the order for in store pick up. During this time, she contacted the store and spoke to Mia to determine if the phone we selected was available. (It was). She came back on the line and told me she would place the order and in approximately 10-15 minutes, I would be able to continue the transaction. We waited with our sales rep for the order information to be available on her system.  After waiting in the store for 45 minutes,  I re-contacted customer service who told me that they could not cancel the order as it had already shipped. I explained to them that the previous  order had already been cancelled and that the new order was for store pick-up. I was told that there was nothing that they could do so at that point I asked to speak with the manager. The manager, [removal based on privacy in the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service], came onto the line and told me that she would have to do some research into the problem but that she would contact me personally once it was resolved.  

About 3 hours later, [removal based on privacy in the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].  called me and told me that she had successfully processed the order and reset the upgrade date and that everything was all set for me to go back to the store to get a new phone.  

I went back to the store to find out that while the order was cancelled/reprocessed and the upgrade date was fixed, a Terms of Agreement contract/payment agreement was never cancelled. There should not have been a payment agreement necessary. This prompted another call to customer service where for the 4th time I had to explained the issue, the representative told me it would take 48 hours to cancel the additional agreement and that there was nothing he could do. He then transferred me to technical support, as he told me that they could expedite the cancellation. After another 2 hours in the store, nothing was resolved. According to the sales rep., there were copious notes in the system which clearly show that the customer service representatives were not reading the previous notes nor correcting the issue.  

I do not understand how several people cannot seem to get one thing cancelled correctly and continued to transfer me to other departments. Every person I spoke to told me that there was nothing they could do except to transfer me to another department.  

In addition, during my time at the store in the morning,  the Manager-on-Duty at the store [removal based on privacy in the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] pulled the sales rep helping me aside and chastised her for spending too much time with me. This is completely unacceptable.  The sales rep I encountered today was the only person who has actually been helpful and for him to complain that she was taking too much time with a customer floors me.  

My daughters phone is not in a safely usable condition. Getting a new phone is imperative as soon as possible. (My original reason for going to a store)  

I have had Verizon services for over 15 years and until today, never once considered cancelling everything based on my experience.  

I am truly disappointed in the service I received today both via the customer service and technology departments. In a world where we can put a man on the moon, surely we should be able to facilitate the upgrade of a phone without 2 hours on the phone with representatives and a total of 3.5 hours in a store.  

I do want to give extreme kudos to the sales rep in the store. Mia was professional and helpful the entire time, she helped facilitate my calls to customer service and truly did her best to resolve this issue the best she could. 

I am having trouble now justifying purchasing a >$500 phone from a company that cannot resolve simple issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disgusted with Verizon customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fiddlerddrn,

15 years of loyalty is wonderful and we say Thank You. Every contact or visit to Verizon Wireless should world class. It truly saddens me to hear that this did not occur with your daughters upgrade yesterday. Upgrades should be exciting, and accurate. My apologies, that all options were not presented before completion. I would be frustrated as well per your time is very valuable. The rude behaviour from the store manager was definitely unacceptable and not tolerated at Verizon Wireless. I can file feedback with upper management for training purposes. I am glad to hear that Mia was able still provide an awesome customer experience in an effort to resolve the issue. I have sent you a direct message, please respond back to the message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes