Re: Disgusted by Verizon's new share everything plans
gman31
Contributor - Level 1

I know it's maddening, I swear this is just a few verizon employees on the thread!

Did you guys see this:

Verizon: Feedback on 'Share Everything' has been great

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57475537-94/verizon-feedback-on-share-everything-has-been-great/?pa...

0 Likes
gman31
Contributor - Level 1

But hey don't give in to them, I'm with you!!! 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. No employees on this discussion. Any VZW employees are clearly marked as Wireless Employee in their rank and avatar.

This is a customer peer to peer community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gman31
Contributor - Level 1

>Post deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS. Attacking of other users is prohibited<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

rcschnoor
Legend

Good to hear you are happy with your new phone!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Although I am not a big fan of the Share Everything plan, I can see how this could be true.

If, as Verizon claims, 95% of Verizon customers use less than 2GB of data/month, I could understand people with multiple smartphones(such as 5 or more) jumping on the Share Everything bandwagon. Especially for those who use less than 1GB/month of data.

Even though I have 2 smartphones(between 0.4 and 0.5 GB/month each)/2 basic phones/1 Home Phone Connect on my account, my bill would increase if I were to go on the Share Everything plan. I can't seem to get over the large access fee for each device which would be the cause of my price increase. I don't really need unlimited data, but I see no reason to switch if I am going to end up paying more for my service.

For example:

I currently pay $220/month which includes ~$31 in taxes/fees.

If I were to switch, I would be paying

2 smartphones @ $40 each = $80

2 basic phones @ $30 each = $60

1 Home Phone Connect @ $20 each = $20

2GB data shared w/all devices= $60 (I have been told I get my corporate discount off this amount so less 20%) =$48

Total = $208 (before taxes/fees)

If I add the SAME taxes and fees from my current bill(but it WILL be higher since the taxable amount is higher) I get a new bill of $239/month vs my current bill of $220/month. So I would end up paying approximately 10% more every month to switch to the Share Everything plan with the SAME level of service.

I had been hoping to switch my current 2 basic phones to smartphones, but that would bring my bill up another $30/month($10 in increased access fee/phone plus at least another $10 in data fees to get up to 4GB minimum data allowance.

0 Likes
GLopez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tamara H.,

This information is very useful.  Unfortunately it looks like the word has not been received by some Verizon reps.  I used VZW Chat tool and I was told that if I wanted to upgrade 1 of my basic phones to a smart one, I would have to move to the share all plan.  I have a copy of the transcript and the reps name is Will.   Sorry that's the only info the transcript provides.   Hopefully you can get the word out to him.

0 Likes
compgek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just would like to say that we have been a loyal customer for the last 6 years and the new changes verizon just made is CORPORATE GREED AT ITS FINEST!!!!!!!  It just disgust me that in America since the crash of the economy and loss of jobs, Corporation have become greedier and want to suck more money the from hard working Americans.  Are we really that free in this country of opportunity???? LOL  America's BIG CORPORATION our what controls everything.  When our contract ends I will be done with verizon!!!!  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You are not aware you can rep and keep your current plan? Only change would be if you have unlimited data. Unless paying full price for the device, you would have to choose one of the tiered data addons

0 Likes
thbennett

In several phone and chat sessions, I understand there is no way to keep my current plan, which includes one smartphone with unlimited data and three basic phones. I have to have data for business reasons, and I will need a new smartphone in the very near future. So unless I buy a phone to keep unlimited data, I have to switch to the "Share more dollars with Verizon plan". And buying a new phone, again, shares more dollars with Verizon. No matter how I cut it, and believe me I've looked at every concievable option, my bill will increase at least $45.00 per month. I've been with Verzion at least 15 yrs, 2 of our phones are currently in need of replacing and I am trying to hold out until I find a better option for us. If anyone has any better suggestions for a service provider, I'm all ears. I'm so disgusted with Verizon at this point, I have no desire to continue funding their greed.

0 Likes