Discount for BYOD on More Everything (without EDGE)?
TinCansandString
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 4 phones on More Everything (without EDGE).  3 of them just came off contract, but it doesn't look like I will get any credit for BYOD/having paid them off on my monthly plan/bill.  When the other one went off contract last year, I got a credit for a while, until I upgraded to a new phone/renewed 2 year contract for that phone in September 2014 (which is what I would expect).  Is this right?  It seems crazy that I will continue to pay $40/line for access for phones that I've paid off - that price includes something like $30/month of "subsidy" that would go to pay off a new phone (if I upgraded any of those phones now).  Seems like it's a strong incentive to switch carriers - even if I can't reuse these phones on another carrier, I should get with a carrier that has plans that make economic sense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Discount for BYOD on More Everything (without EDGE)?
Snn5
Legend

Lines on More Everything get a month to month discount after end of contract.  You must go into My Verizon and make the plan change though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Lines on More Everything get a month to month discount after end of contract.  You must go into My Verizon and make the plan change though.

0 Likes
TinCansandString
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't find where to do that.  I saw old posts where people said go to "Change Features" but that's not an option anymore - it now takes me to "Managing Products and Apps" - which doesn't have anything to do with BYOD or month to month as an option.  Do you know how to find it?

0 Likes
TinCansandString
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, I'm an idiot, I wasn't looking closely enough, although it's not obvious.  There was a sentence about being eligible for a discount, and a button that said "Get Your Discount" - I clicked on it and it said each of the 3 lines now had a $15/month discount (I'm on the 6GB/month more everything plan).

Thanks!

Snn5
Legend

YAY...always good to save some money.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes