Disabled customer was treated rudely
firebirdhood

I am extremely appalled at the way I have been treated by customer care. I upgraded my phone on the seventeenth of last month and received it on the nineteenth. Right from the start, I struggled with my Iphone5 but didn’t give up for almost two weeks. On March 5th which was fourteen days later I called customer care and explained the difficulties I was experiencing. I requested a larger phone being the Samsung Galaxy note 2 and was told that this could not happen because I did not request this within the allotted two week period. ?  I am now stuck with a phone that I can’t use and want others with disabilities to be aware and not go through what I have been going through.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disabled customer was treated rudely
budone
Legend

If you received the device on the 19th, the 4th would be 14 days. The clock starts the day you receive the device.

Understand when calling in, the CSR's have heard every reason in the book as to why someone should have an exception made, 'Just for them'. I am not being rude to you, but they have no idea if you are telling the truth about having a disability or not. To them, you do not like the phone and want another.

Now that it is the 10th, there is less and less chance of getting what you want to occur. Maybe sell the iPhone then buy outright the phone you want.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The same can be said for customers without disabilities. Return a purchased phone you DO NOT like within the 14 day return window in which you can make that return in exchange for a different model.

After that time, you would have to pay full retail for the other mode.

0 Likes
firebirdhood

I have been a loyal customer for years and this turn of events has really shown me that you do not care to help your customers. There are many other companies that will meet my needs and its time for me to find a new one

0 Likes
budone
Legend

First, I do not, have not, nor will I work for VZW. I am a customer, just like you. However, I have worked for very large companies and have learned, once an exception is made, the policy is useless.

The return policy is clear, 14 days, not 15, not 30, but 14. Again, I suggest selling the iPhone and you would get more than the subsidized price you paid for it to get the phone you want.

You would just have to reactivate your old device until you sell the phone and get you a new one more to your liking

0 Likes
Not applicable

A) Was there a reason it took you the entire 2 weeks to figure out his phone wasn't going to work out? You'd think if it just wasn't going to cut it you think that would have been figured out well before 14 days.

B) Iphones screens are 4 inches. The smallest on the market. You'd think if you were in a position that you needed a large screen you would have gotten a phone with a larger screen that the smallest one out there.

I the lessons are are A) If you don't like a phone take it back then. Do not wait until the 14 days are up. B) Some research BEFORE buying can go a long way.

0 Likes
macboy80

I used to work for a national disability charity for years. It may be worth specifying what the nature of your disability was to Verizon. A motor disability may be differently received than one of vision. Also if you have a disability such as Multiple Sclerosis, which can vary in manifestation from day to day that may play a part in strengthening your case. If your disability has a charity or an advocacy group it would also behoove you to contact them BEFORE purchasing products to see if they have any suggestions, and AFTER purchase to report your findings. Talking to your doctor or someone who may have power or attorney may also be helpful.

All the best.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Firebirdhood!

We want you to be happy! I know important it is to have a properly working phone that fits your needs. We want every contact to Verizon Wireless to be world class, and I apologize that this did not occur. Let's get this resolved. We offer a 14day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you 14days to test the device. If you do not like the device, we offer you the option to return the device and only pay a one-time $35 restock fee. After the 14 days the manufacturer warranty would go into effect, and you would be covered from any electronic issue not due to damage. Have you tried using the accessibility features on the iPhone 5 to make the screen appear larger http://bit.ly/12vaaG? Keep me posted.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Who are you?

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

It sucks but its true you've only got 14 days no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

0 Likes