Disable extra babble after my voicemail greeting?
Danbo342
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, back in the day, when cell phones first started getting popular, we had our personalized message/greeting and then a beep for our customers or friends to leave their message. I (like many), prefer to keep my message short. People already know what the heck to do when it's a recording,,, they wait for the beep. Well, how on earth do I disable that idiotic banter from verizon after my greeting? You know, the crappy babble "To leave a call back number.... To send a fax.... to listen to me rather than leave your message...".

Annoy as hell that in our day and age, where kids under age 10 have cell phones that we're now having to deal with companies ruin simplistic and basic fundamentals. No one I know, not a single person I have ever met in my 40+ years need to hear that junk and if cell phone companies paid attention to what their customers wanted, we'd have an option to get rid of it. I'm hoping to be embarresed of over reacting on this, but after 2 hours of reading forums and blogs, I don't see any way to disable this and am so fed up with such stupidity, I will spend my last day of my 14th day with Verizon tomorrow finding whatever company has an option to disable that crap and leave my messages as "I" want them. I will then cancel my contract and go with any of them that can do it, even if I have a horrible signal! A company as big as verizon should have someone in their staff with an IQ high enough to see what's stupid and out of date (you would think).

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disable extra babble after my voicemail greeting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helo Danbo342,

Leaving a voice mail can be a time consuming process. I can certainly agree on a personal level that keeping the message short and sweet is a good manage time. The automated message is there just in case our customers forget to state the options available to the caller. Due to this, the automated message before the beep can not be removed. I hope that the explanation helps.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helo Danbo342,

Leaving a voice mail can be a time consuming process. I can certainly agree on a personal level that keeping the message short and sweet is a good manage time. The automated message is there just in case our customers forget to state the options available to the caller. Due to this, the automated message before the beep can not be removed. I hope that the explanation helps.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Danbo342
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry but the explanation doesn't help remedy the situation one bit. All it does is explain how stupid a policy Verizon still has in place and how outdated they are and just how little they give a crap about the things their customers want.

You said:

"Due to this, the automated message before the beep can not be removed"

The correct response should be:

"Due to customers wanting the option to disable this feature, it can be found in your voicemail settings".

I can't believe that in today's day and age of technology, we still have carriers that don't give people "choice". I know hundreds of thousands of people and never once heard of anyone pressing a button to leave a call back number, or anything on the list for that matter. People wait for the beep and leave the number, if needed. Back in the day of minutes being a factor, it was widely known that these added seconds happening to millions of people each minute, accumulated to millions of dollars of easy money for Verizon. There is no such plan now that isn't unlimited, so hopefully when your greedy, idiotic, management can come to that realization, they'll finally realize that there is no more reason to not give us the damn option of choice.

For the milliions also sick of carriers crap like this, youmail and Google Voice lite is the best way to bypass these morons and their ancient way of thinking. However if you have a small data plan, wait until you're around wifi to listen to them.

Verizon greed and ignorance makes me sick.

rcschnoor
Legend

ONE way around this would be to use a service such as Google Voice for your voicemail. I have been using Google Voice for a couple of years now and my callers hear a simple beep after my greeting and nothing else. They can start leaving their message after the beep without any additional "babble".

There are OTHER advantages to Google Voice, too. You can ALSO receive text and/or email alerts when you have a voicemail waiting. You can also have voicemail transcription activate for your voicemail where you receive a written transcript of the voicemail. While the transcript may not be 100% accurate as it is a computer transcription and depends on the quality of the callers voice/connection, I find it quite good most of the time. This is ALSO a free service, unlike the paid option of Verizon's similar Visual Voicemail service.

Hopefully this helps.

Not applicable

In the days past after you dialed your own number and pressed the pound # key you entered your passcode you get to the voicemail setup menu. Pressing 5 puts you into another advanced menu where you can turn off those annoyances.

On basic phones it was a sixteen digit number and you get to the same sort of menu. I would try the pressing of 5 to see if that is still the case. There also used to be a palm card with these directions, they may still be out there someplace on the net. Google to see.

Good Luck

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I ran across those "palm" cards or at least the electronic version of them about a month or two ago on the Verizon Wireless website. I will have to check to see if I can find the links again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep that be the palm card in Adobe Acrobat. There are options I noted to turn that babble off.

rcschnoor
Legend

Danbo342 wrote:

For the milliions also sick of carriers crap like this, youmail and Google Voice lite is the best way to bypass these morons and their ancient way of thinking. However if you have a small data plan, wait until you're around wifi to listen to them.

This is true if you listen to the messages via their app. Google Voice, at least, gives you a call in number where you can listen to your voicemails without incurring ANY data usage, just like listening to regular voicemail.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or use your computer to listen to, save, and manage your voicemail through Google Voice.  Listening to it on the phone is a convenience for me - - I do more voicemail on my computer!!  It may not work for everyone though.

That's another reason I like Google voicemail and YouMail so much - they are flexible with many options for listening to and saving your voicemails.  One of the options is bound to work for you!