Re: Did you know the tablets are now available with the Edge program?
Not applicable

hambone1995 wrote:

I use an average of 152.43 GB per month, so the 10GB More Everything is not so helpful to me!

Mobile data wasn't meant to be used 152.43 GB per month. You need REAL internet if you want to use that much. If your area doesn't have real internet that's a shame but it's also not Verizon's responsibility to provide it to you either. Others mobile connections shouldn't be degraded because people want to use 150 GB a month. No offense but it's exactly because people are using 150 GB, 500 GB and even 1 TB a month is why I'll be more than happy to see unlimited data finally go.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not applicable

hambone1995 wrote:

I do use a LOT, but I live in a rural area, and that is the only internet that I can get in my location. I can't get cable internet in my location. That is why I need my truly unlimited data.

I have cable internet and guess what, it's not unlimited either. I have a 250 GB cap.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is under the first heading Ann154. Sorry about the long link. Haven't quite gotten the hang of the forums.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would they offer unlimited, if they don't want me to use it? If they offer it, and I use it, they cannot get angry with me. Why does it even concern you? I don't believe it impacts you, or anyone near me, 's data speeds.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

Did you look into satellite internet? The pricing has come way down from years ago. I think Hughes Net has a web site.

Home | WildBlue | Fast Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet, HughesNet Gen4 High-Speed Satellite Internet Provider

Worth looking into.

Pricing is still the same. Speeds are better. Caps are worse than Homefusion. Only difference is when you go over you're throttled not charge overages. Also Wildblue has unlimited data from 12 AM- 5 AM. Between Hughesnet and Wildblue I'd go with WildBlue. Still you're talking $140 a month for a 25 GB cap, except from 12 AM - 5 AM obviously. Also satellite will always have the issue with latency.

0 Likes
Not applicable

hambone1995 wrote:

Why would they offer unlimited, if they don't want me to use it? If they offer it, and I use it, they cannot get angry with me. Why does it even concern you? I don't believe it impacts you, or anyone near me, 's data speeds.

A) Unlimited data users do affect others because people using their unlimited internet as a main internet connection affects everyone's connection. Imagine if EVERYONE had unlimited data. The network would be slower than molasses in January. Sure maybe where YOU live it wouldn't matter but Verizon doesn't price that way. They price the same EVERYWHERE. They don't say rural people get 100 GB and city people only get 5 GB for the same price. Of course most can't get unlimited data and that's another point. FAIRNESS. Some people pay $30 for 2 GB on the old Nationwide plans while other pay $30 and can use 1 TB( 500X more ) or more? Totally fair. I imagine if Verizon took away unlimited and offered those customers 100 GB a month for $30 they'd still complain.

B) When they offered unlimited 4G didn't exist, streaming movies at 3 GB per hour didn't exist. When they stopped offering unlimited data in Jul 2011. Only 36% of Verizon customers even had smartphones. The data was 3G at best. Those smartphones were very limited in how much data they could even use.

Unlimited is going away no matter what our opinions are on the topic. Offering 4G on prepaid is going to use more bandwidth. Where do you think they are going to get that from? Unlimited data users are no longer on contract, Verizon can take unlimited data away at any time.

As I said it stinks rural people don't have access to good internet. I'm all for making those that provide telephone lines to a house to also provide DSL. But they will never be forced to to that. Down the road when Verizon acquires more spectrum and the technology improves maybe mobile can provide hundreds of GB per month. That's 7-10 years away at the earliest.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, it isn't totally fair, but again, it was offered, so I took it. They are probably going to take it, and when they do, I will accept the consequences, and I will not complain. But, until that day comes, I will use it for all its worth.
Also, I apologize if I came across as a bit snappy. I don't know what came over me

0 Likes