Did anyone even get a notification about loosing the grandfathered plan direct from Verizon?
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I know i didnt get a damn thing from Verizon about this. i read it in the news. I encourage everyone with a grandfathered plan to find any contract they have about the grandfathered plans and request the terms and conditions of the grandfathered plan from verizon. the fact they gave not one single customer notice and have buried the new plans on the site, seems like its in breach of contract. i have tried so far 4 times to get the terms and conditions and have been in contact with laywers as well. to take away something promised to us and give no notification and then make us scramble with 2 weeks to figure everything out is absolutely  shady. i ask all of us who have been screwed by verizon to collectively join together and make Verizon pay for their awful business practices!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did anyone even get a notification about loosing the grandfathered plan direct from Verizon?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's not a breach of contract.  Below is the clause from the customer agreement that says they'll notify you if they change any price or term in your CURRENT contract.  You're only impacted when you go to upgrade again.  While it seems like it'd be common courtesy to send a text or something, nothing says they have to grandfather features for the next time you upgrade.

Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it.

0 Likes