Did Verizon Scam Me Out Of A Promo?
SUPERMANIKZ1000

It all started 4 weeks ago with Verizon. I started my service with Verizon and there was a promo going around to trade an iPhone 6 for an iPhone 7. So for one of my lines we did the trade in and two week later I was not satisfied with the service as I called VERIZON +20 times. First the store associate messed up and said that the iPhone 6 to 7 was free and when I got there he tried to charge me $100. Then I complained the Store manager and he credit me for the money in 2-3 cycles because his associate lied. THEY SIS THE SAME THING WITH TWO MORE IPHONES. At the store I placed the order for two iPhone 7 pluses because I wanted to upgrade while trading in. THANK GOD I DIDNT! Verizon Fraud harassed me and asked me to submit proof it was me. I did that as well and they called my social security FAKE! To be exact they said "it looaks altered". THEY TOLD ME TO GO TO A SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE AND I WAS LIKE [Removed]! From there on imported all my numbers to Sprint because they were honorable. Now today I made about 3 phone calls to Verizon trying to get my old iPhone 6 back because they sent me a $953.98 bill. They told me to return the iPhone 7 first and then they would send it in 5-7 Business days. I told them to send back my iPhone 6 first because I would have no phone to use but the guy I was talking to filed some kind of case. He told me it would most likely be denied because I haven't returned their iPhone 7. I didn't say this but last week I called the warehouse and a worker promised to send me back my iPhone 6 and when I got it in the mail just come and return the iPhone 7. Apparently they "could not" find the reference number in their system. VERIZON! I will not be coming back to you nor paying the bill until you send my old iPhone 6 back and honor everything your employees have told me. You can hire a collection agency but that won't help you after I send my reasons back and I would happily look forward in talking with the BBB. All I want is a fair bill and my old iPhone 6. I will be happy to keep the iPhone 7 if you guys honor the promo I was offered such as the trade in and the credits issued by the store manger along with the waived activation fees promo that took place that day.

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help Verizon scammed me!!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

One you trade in that is it. The reason you got the large bill is because you cancelled the service and had a device payment agreement that had a balance. You pay for the phone and you keep it and trade it in to your new carrier.

So....Sprint should have a deal where they take your VZW iPhone and give you a credit on your Sprint bill in the amount of what you owe for said phone. That credit alleviates what you owe Sprint so that you can ay that money to VZW.

You should read the paperwork you're signing before you sign it. You will never get that phone from VZW.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

One you trade in that is it. The reason you got the large bill is because you cancelled the service and had a device payment agreement that had a balance. You pay for the phone and you keep it and trade it in to your new carrier.

So....Sprint should have a deal where they take your VZW iPhone and give you a credit on your Sprint bill in the amount of what you owe for said phone. That credit alleviates what you owe Sprint so that you can ay that money to VZW.

You should read the paperwork you're signing before you sign it. You will never get that phone from VZW.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The promo was $650 credit over 24 months.  You cancel early and the credits are void.  Very clearly stated in agreement.  I say you did yourself in your rather than getting scammed.