Diamond Wireless and Verizon Partnership Extorting Customers
Greedisbad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Community.

I recently upgraded two phones on my Verizon Wireless account through Diamond Wireless.  After some issues with Verizon Wireless Customer Service, I decided to cancel my contracts with Verizon Wireless.  Well, now Verizon Wireless and Diamond Wireless are both charging Early Termination Fees.  I get that there has to be some sort of fee attached for not keeping the contract and for years we have all been told that this ETF is to cover the difference between full retail of the equipment and what was paid at contract start.  Well the breakdown for me is like this...

$400 for two new HTC One's (regular retail is $600 each)

$600 ETF for two cancelled phone lines through Verizon Wireless

$400 ETF for two cancelled phone lines through Diamond Wireless

Diamond Wireless is also requesting the equipment back, which would be an additional loss to me of $400 for the two.

$1800 total in ridiculous fees.

I have contacted Verizon Wireless who claim that they cant do anything about another company's contract.  I have contacted Diamond Wireless who just changes their story every time regarding the breakdown of the fees.  This whole process is nothing but extortion.  How is it even possible to pay more for two phones than full retail value with the understanding that you have to turn the phones back in, which is no where on either contract.

At this point I am involving the State's Attorney General, Verizon Wireless and the owner of Diamond Wireless.  What kills me even more is that Diamond Wireless claims that they are Verizon Wireless' Number 1 Authorized Retailer, but none of this bad reputation is even worrying Verizon Wireless at all.

All I want is to move on and at this point in the game I will be removing all services from Verizon Wireless along with my extended family.  Verizon Wireless is demonstrating through its actions that it doesn't care about its customers as much as it wants us all to believe.  So sad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Diamond Wireless and Verizon Partnership Extorting Customers
Not applicable

First, you went to a reseller. Not a Verizon wireless corporate store.

The policy may or will be different than Verizon wireless.

Verizon wireless charges $350 per line minus $10 a month from month 1-24 that is required on a subsidy device.

Now when you use a reseller like you did or Amazon and others they have a requirement for a certain number of months or you get dinged with leaving fees. This is why you don't use these resellers and the terms were given to you at time of sale.

However you can fight the reseller in court since if you are required to return devices you paid for then it should cancel the termination fee from the reseller.

Go to small claims court, or do a charge back from your bank or credit card company.

The ETF is correct from Verizon Wireless. No need to be angry with them. Your issue is with the reseller.

Good Luck

Greedisbad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Elector:

I get that. Just seems shady all the way around. I was never mad at

Verizon, in fact, we paid those fees ASAP. I will look into small claims

court to rectify the issue. The State's Attorney General in my state is

aware of the problem as well. They have Diamond Wireless on their radar

for the same thing, but are taking a moment to collect enough complaints to

file charges. The letter I received from them stated just what I

put...this is extortion.

Greed.

Not applicable

I see that they have kiosks in BJ's clubs.

I hope it all works out.

Good Luck

0 Likes
nataliejohn06
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Arizona, went to a Diamond Wireless upgraded 4 phones, thought I was getting a good deal, then she swiped my card and said it didn't work. I gave her another and it did work. I get home and 2 days later both cards are charged. I call back to the store and only my sales clerk can fix it and she is not in. Call next day she is there and tells me to wait a day it will probably come off if not call back. It didn't and i did call back and she was off for two days and no one else at that store can help or no what to do. 2 days later I call back and she said she would contact Verizon's customer service and would call me back. 2 days went by with no return phone call. I had to call my bank and dispute the charges, they reversed them for me, but said if the company complained they would reinstate the charges. Then after all of that the sales clerk said my account would not change at all other than going down a little bit because of the insurance coming of the regular bill. End of month my account is an charged extra $90 for new device being used, even though 1 line was charged $30 twice and 1 line wasn't charged, and the last line was charged $30. When I called Verizon they said that is a service charge no matter where I go, and when I said I was not informed, he told me I would have to contact that store but there is nothing that can be done because it is a set service charge, then I asked why one line was charged twice and one line wasn't charged, he said he had no idea but regardless it didn't matter because I owed $30 for each phone so it still adds up correctly. When I said I would just cancel he said okay. I have been with Verizon for at least 15 years and this is how they treat loyal customers, wow. I hung up called my mom and appologized for the $30 charge that would be on her next bill as she was the 4th phone I updated that day, and being on a fixed income, I offered to pay it since she had no idea there would be any hidden charges. I have paid my bill because I am a person who always pays my bills because I worry about owing or being late, but I do not feel it was fair at all. I wish you luck with your Attorney General and if it happens to be Arizona, here is another one for your case.

0 Likes
MA_Cloud

This is a confirmation that I received your letter about the agreement with Diamond wireless. I already contacted the State’s attorney office and they are aware of this issue and have Diamond Wireless on their radar. The office advised me to file complaints as many other people filed similar complains and they are working to file charges.

First of all nothing under my contract or the papers I signed and was given to me (my contract is attached here) has anything about paying diamond wireless any cancellation separate from Verizon wireless. You can review the attached contract and only paper work I received from Matthew Brown (Northborough, MA)- the diamond wireless agent. Also the agent never ever mentioned something like this to me. The only termination fees is listed is $350 to pay to Verizon and I already paid them that.

Second the reason why I canceled my service with Verizon because the Diamond Wireless agent never mentioned to me important information about my plan which leads me to take the decision and leave Verizon after 12 years of being a good customer. So because of diamonds and this agent, Verizon lost me as a customer and all my family members.

Third when I called diamond to cancel my contract, the agent who helped me over the phone never mentioned any fees which I think something must be mentioned in that call. Also I was not offered to keep the insurance on the phone at that time. Also I am not sure why even a fee like this exists? I never filed a claim with them.

Finally, I am disputing the validity of the letter that was sent to be as it’s not based on anything I agreed or signed on with Diamond Wireless. I also never received any notification or a bill from Diamond Wireless stated that I have to pay anything.

0 Likes
MIXDGREENS

Hi,

I am going through same scenario with my Dad's cell and tablet.  Identical to stories above, and now because of 1 late payment, they have my Dad in collection for $400.00! Everything has been paid off and all paid up, but getting letters from collection accounts now.

When I spoke to Bria today, she said in 9 years she has never heard of Diamond Wireless. So something is weird.

She tried calling all phone numbers, but they just get dropped.

I have documented each letter with a dispute and copied Verizon.  I will never trust kiosk vendors, even when they

they have Verizon Wireless across the banner! 

What a scam to loyal customers of over 15 years! Verizon needs to look into this.

0 Likes