Devices not receiving internet with mobile hotspot
Lxlmxfx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I woke up today with my phone dead. I charged it, turned it on and turned on mobile Hotspot. Hotspot turned on with no problems,my PC connected to Hotspot but it would not give PC internet access. I tried connecting to my hotspot with other devices (ps4, other phones, tablet, etc.) but I still wasn't able to access the internet on any device. However, I am able to access internet on my cell that is running Hotspot so I know I have mobile data activated... Why can't I access the internet on other devices using my mobile Hotspot? Its been working fine for the past 2 months, but not today... WAS SOMETHING CHANGED THAT I WASN'T AWARE OR INFORMED OF?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Devices not receiving internet with mobile hotspot
Brandid86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. Unlimited data doesn't seem so unlimited right now.

Lxlmxfx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Brandi, I just finished speaking with a Verizon representative. They informed me that the $80 prepaid unlimited doesn't support mobile Hotspot. The only reason that it had supported it for the past 2 months was that Verizon was doing some kind of quality assurance "testing" on unlimited prepaid data... Or something to that affect. It was pretty much,  to bad so sad, and hope you enjoyed it because it's gone...They offered to switch me to the $60 plan with 10gb of data because that plan offers Mobile Hotspot. They also included 1 extra gb of promotional data. But yeah basically they just tested it on us without informing us and took it away without informing us... Bad form Verizon!

0 Likes
Brandid86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that's dirty. I can definitely find something else to spend $90 a month on beings I can't use anything in my home that requires internet.

0 Likes
TheFr3shman

This can't be true, because ibwas told and I just checked the data plans and Go Unlimited has unlimited mobile hotspot at 600 kbps.. Either this is sorted out, i want a refund because that was the main thing I used for my laptop..

0 Likes
Brandid86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems to be true, my husbands started doing the same thing today.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheFr3shman wrote:

This can't be true, because ibwas told and I just checked the data plans and Go Unlimited has unlimited mobile hotspot at 600 kbps.. Either this is sorted out, i want a refund because that was the main thing I used for my laptop..

The OP was referring to the Prepaid unlimited smartphone plan which is quite different from the Go Unlimited Plan and the Beyond Unlimited Plan. The prepaid unlimited plan doesn't include the mobile hotspot feature, but the postpaid unlimited plans do have the mobile hotspot feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. May we ask if you get an error message when attempting to open a web page? As the connection shows, the problem should not lie there. Are all features enabled on your account?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's understandable to be upset when a feature is taken away, Lxlmxfx. As this feature was never a part of the unlimited prepaid plan, we apologize for getting your hopes up about having this feature. Your feedback is very valuable, and we're ensuring it get lifted up to the correct people.

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how disappointing it is to learn you don't have a feature on your plan that you thought was there, Brandid86. The last thing we want is for you to leave the Verizon family. As our team doesn't have access to prepaid accounts, we recommend checking with the prepaid team for alternative plan options and promotions. We're confident that they can provide a solution. They can be reached via your online account in a live chat: http://spr.ly/65898hod5

or by calling 888-294-6804.

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes