Device return process is broken!!
TimVFR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my iPhone X on a device plan after the one year, to the newer iPhone 11 Pro.  The iPhone X was sent back via UPS and shown delivered to the return center on 6/22.  As of today 7/15, it still has not shown as returned.  So my bill is not only showing my new phone, but also the "unpaid" balance on the old phone.  This same thing happened on my last upgrade.  Verizon has a serious problem within their return system!  It should not take a month for this process to take place.  I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Re: Device return process is broken!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WE definitely want to make sure that you are able to trade in your device, TimVFR. I have sent you a private note. PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
CA26

I recently purchased and received two new iPhones from Verizon.  I was sent a return box and UPS label from Verizon to return my two old iPhones for trade-ins ($83 each).  Shipped by UPS on 7/11/21 and were received by UPS in Ft Worth on 7/19/21 and then sent out for local delivery to Verizon Returns Processing Center in Ft Worth on 7/20/21.  Never received, still out for delivery per UPS.  According to UPS, Verizon must initiate a claim, not me.  I have been unable to contact anyone at Verizon support via phone after multiple tries and hours of waiting on the phone.  Attempts at Chat support have been cut off with no explanation.  UPS tracking number is:  *****.    Vz-Customer-Support, please contact me and HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CA26. We're truly sorry to learn that you've had such an experience with returning devices to us. Please send us a Private Note so we can assist you with this concern if further help is needed.  -Tanisha

0 Likes
CA26

Tanisha. I see you want to help me and you want me to send you a Private Note. How exactly do I do that? Because of course I need further help since the problem remains unresolved and requires that Verizon take action, as I indicated in my comments.

0 Likes