Device Return/Exchange after 30 days
khose

Got a Samsung Sway and the standby time is awful.  I'm been thru two batteries on each of two different phones, and it's not getting any better.  I have to charge the phone at night and at noon, and I might spend 10min a day on it. 

It's a company phone and our internal staff tells me verizon won't give me a different model, just more of the same.  Is true?  I read the verizon return/exchange policy on the web, and there's some mention of 30 days.  I got the phone in November and didn't bring up the issue to my company until January.  Am I stuck with this model?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Return/Exchange after 30 days
Shirozato

Have you brought it to a store to verify that it is acutally a problem with the battery? if the same problem is happening with 2 different batteries it sounds like it might be an issue with the phone - not the batteries. request to have your phone switched out next time rather then the battery - stand by time on a new battery should be more then 300 hours.

Any other exchanges to a different model would be 100% a manager exception. Good Luck.

0 Likes
khose

Hi Shirozato- thanks for the reply.

I should clarify.  I've had two Sway phones- in each I've tried two different batteries- to no satisfaction. 

I did get the model shortly after it debuted at Verizon.  After it had a chance to be in the market some time, others are giving the device a similar thumbs down when it comes to standby time.  I think it's truly a design issue, and not a random occurrence.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=1653&s=d

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
If both your lines have Sway's and you are still having battery issues after 2x battery replacements, what you can do is get a device exchange. If that doesn't fix the issue, then after 1 more exchange, they will probably exchange that one out with a like model replacement. I know it sucks, but its how it works. Unless you can persuade the rep into doing a like model device exchange on the first crack.
0 Likes