Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Help?
NLaw

I recently received a used iPhone SE from a friend. It was factory wiped and had no Sim Card inserted Apparently there was a three . co . uk sim card in it originally, my guess is that is where the phone was purchased originally. 

My current phone is also an iPhone SE, set up on my Verizon plan. Given this hand-me-down phone is in better shape (and larger storage size) than my previous phone, I wanted to make the switch.

I was able to restore my backup onto the new phone and set it up with Wi-Fi, worked perfectly.

However, when I placed my Verizon sim card from the original iPhone into the new one, it would not find any service. I tried restarting, going into airplane mode, and seeing if there were any carrier updates needed. 

When I tried using the website to active the phone with the MIED #, it told me that the phone was not compatible with the Verizon Wireless Network.

Any suggestions on how I can get around this? Or am I out of luck on this one?

0 Likes
Re: Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Help?
dizzy442
Enthusiast - Level 3
Those phones are no longer compatible with Verizon because of its age
0 Likes
Re: Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Help?
CraigJay

I have the same problem with an iPhone 7 Plus...  ...does anyone know how to add it to the VCerizon database?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to take a closer look into this! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. 

0 Likes