Desktop version of Message+ is a CPU Hog
iamdamessenger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really like using Message+ on my pc, especially at work.  I can't install the desktop version at work but I tried it at home and it just kills my PC.  I have a relatively late model laptop with an I7, a hybrid 7200 rpm drive and 8Gb of ram so I don't think my laptop hardware is inadequate.  I tried the desktop version about a year ago with the same result.  When I have Message+ running on my laptop, it just hogs my CPU.  Once it gets done syncing (I guess that's what it's doing) it seems ok.  I know it's not my network as I run 2 screens of video streaming such as Amazon Video or Netflix all the time and there isn't even so much as a slight buffering problem.  My network uses 80211.ac and I have a very good connection through Cox.  The last time I woke my laptop after only being asleep for about an hour, I waited more than 10 minutes for the logon screen to appear.  Eventually, I had to reboot to get it working.  When I did get it working again it took an unusually long time to get to the desktop screen.  I can't afford to wait around for such a long time in order to have the convenience of using the desktop app.

The web version does not behave this way but I don't like having to sign in all the time. I also like the idea that the desktop version comes up automatically when I restart my computer.  It's just not worth the wait.

Has anyone else found  a solution for this besides uninstalling?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Desktop version of Message+ is a CPU Hog
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iamdamessenger, we want this to be convenient for you. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Have you checked the memory on your PC to ensure that you have enough room to download the software for the Message Plus application?

For more information regarding the Verizon Messaging application, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-vz_messages-1015...

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iamdamessenger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  My hybrid drive has 750 GB of storage with about 400 GB free.  I'm pretty sure it will fit on the hard drive.  It has 8 GB of ram.  As I said in my earlier post, I had the application installed and was using it which is how I found out it is a cpu hog.  Obviously, if it didn't have room to download it I would not have been able to install or run it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand wanting to make sure your computer will run as smoothly as possible. As you mentioned the Messages Plus does take up quite a bit of space and there is no viable work around at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes