Deceived by international plan rates
OoryanoO

Last month I traveled to American Samoa and Samoa. Before leaving I made sure to set myself up with an international plan. After speaking to a representative about my likely usage, they recommended the $25 / 100MB plan for me. While on my trip I started to receive text messages and email alerting me that I was using my phone without an international plan and was incurring charges of over $500. I immediately called the global customer service and was told by the rep to disregard the charges, and that I was not incurring any additional fees. Despite their reassurance, I continued to receive messages and so I called again a second time. This time the rep again told me that I was not incurring any additional fees beyond the $25 / 100MB plan I had signed up for. So I continued with my trip.

Last week I receive my electronic receipt of payment for a bill that was over $250 what I normally pay. The additional $250 showed on the bill as "roaming". I call a customer service rep to discuss. I wait on hold for 30 minutes to speak with someone and when I do she is curt and rude and seemingly having a bad day. She puts me on hold for 20 minutes to "look up the charges" and then I am disconnected.

I am extremely disappointed with the service I am receiving. I feel deceived by the multiple global customer service reps I spoke with who assured me that I should just relax and enjoy my trip because I was not incurring any additional charges.

My contract is up at the end of the week and after many years of being a loyal Verizon customer I am considering leaving.

Respectfully,

ryan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deceived by international plan rates
OoryanoO

As a follow up to this post, I spoke with a customer care representative yesterday and she offered me $23 dollars back from my bill of over $350.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Verizon wireless representatives mis-represented their services. When I spoke with two different reps while abroad to check in on my account they both assured me that I was not incurring charges above my regular plans. All the while I was incurring hundreds of dollars worth of charges!

Predatory, dishonest and bad-business

0 Likes