Decatur, GA Verizon ongoing LTE and 3G issues - 30030 zip code
BREHOL90

We are going on week 4 of ongoing issue with tower/s here in Decatur GA and the LTE/3G issues. Dropped calls, unable to pass data, unable to make calls. The problems run the gamut of symptoms. I have called into 611 3 times now and each person keeps telling me wait another week. I pay nearly $150 per month for this line and use it for work calls. Please help...someone needs to check tower and backhaul. This is affecting 12 other users in my immediate neighborhood.

I have done all of the reboot, reninsert SIM, changing cellular settings/roaming, and reformatting the phone to factory defaults. Same result. Phones in neighborhood range from iOS and Android so not device specific. My device is iPhone 7, ios 10.3.3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Decatur, GA Verizon ongoing LTE and 3G issues - 30030 zip code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BREHOL90, we understand how important it is to have reliable service. Please allow us to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify if the service concerns are happening indoors and outdoors? Also, please clarify how far you have to travel from the concern area to receive reliable service?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BREHOL90

The problems happen indoors and outdoors throughout the neighborhood. Others have seen this as well. If we drive 1 mile north, we can connect to a different tower and get good calls and data. I believ that tower is in downtown decatur. It would be a tower south of downtown decatur that is the problem.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

@BREHOL90​, this does not sound like the type of wireless service that we want you to have.  Allow me a chance to take a closer look at your coverage area.  Please check your Inbox for my Direct Message.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
BREHOL90

Any update? I have not seen a direct message in my inbox here. Problem still exists.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you looking at the community inbox? https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BREHOL90

Yes. All I have are replies to this thread. So again, any update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How would I know? I didn't supposedly send you a Direct Message. yarelim_vzw did.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
catbee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Same neighborhood. I assumed there was storm damage and that whatever it was would have been fixed by now. I use my line for long distance and international work calls, so the constant dropped calls are a huge issue for me and I'll change carriers if it's not repaired in another week or so. Thanks.

deathskull8
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the same issues. after calling many times and insisting on being assigned a work order, after dropping 3 of my 4 calls to 611,  i finally got this response.

Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket, [removed] , is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 48hrs.

and then this

[removed]

this is very distressing because until about 5 weeks ago our reception was totally fine. also, it’s basically saying “too bad you don’t have a good signal anymore.“ i am confident that one of the towers in our area is not working properly which is causing this problem for every verizion coustomer in this area.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM THATS IS MORE THAN SENDING A TEXT ESSENTIALLY SAYING “WE HAVE THE BEST COVERAGE, JUST NOT FOR YOU.“ ESPECIALLY WHEN WE USED TO HAVE GREAT COVERAGE.

Ticket number and chat transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes