Dealing with incompetence
discustedwithservice

I visited the Verizon store in Bluffton SC. yesterday to purchase two watches.  One was a Galaxy and the other an Apple 4.  The Galaxy watch was in stock the Apple 4 was not.  I explained to the sales associate that I wanted a specific model of the Apple 4 watch:  The 44mm with Gold Stainless Steel case with Gold Milanese Loop; a Christmas present for my wife.  I was very specific, even showed her the screen capture from the Apple site.  She then found it on her system and I verified with her the model and features.  She then proceeded to order the wrong watch, one with an aluminum bezel and pink plastic band.  She never gave me any type of confirmation or receipt.  My first knowledge of the mistake was in an email that I received hours later.   I returned to the store today and amazingly was told:  "We can't cancel an order here, we can only place them.  You have to call customer care."   I asked to talk to the manager and she said that she was the manager.  I then asked that If I have to call customer care to cancel, why can't she call customer care and cancel it.  [removed]  She just wanted to get back to taking orders and ignoring after sale service.  REALLY.  That's the extent of Verizons customer service.

So I tried to fined some access to "customer care" (which doesn't exist)  and called support.  Guess what?  Because I have a business account THERE IS NO SUPPORT ON SUNDAY!  Even better, because the order was placed yesterday it doesn't show up yet.

So, I can't talk to anyone to cancel the order.  The order doesn't exist online to be canceled.  There is no help from the Verizon store.

Great customer care.  The last time Verizon messed up it took months to straighten out.

This is what to expect when you buy and $800 item from Verizon.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dealing with incompetence
bearone21
Legend

that's why it's best to order online & the brush-off from the store mgr...you weren't buying anything.

0 Likes