Dead Zone, Map says otherwise
AshtonAVFC

Just moved to Gettysburg Way, Lincoln Park, NJ 07035. I get little to no service here. The map says full coverage but this is not the case. Any plans to fix this? I work from home so it's a big problem for me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dead Zone, Map says otherwise
rcschnoor
Legend

Coverage maps are estimates and can include dead areas even where it is listed as full coverage. Verizon does not go out and check every portion of the US for coverage. They determine coverage on those maps depending on the location of towers and how far a signal travels in peak conditions. Factors outside of Verizon's control(including weather, foliage, buildings, land topography, etc...) can and do affect service.

If you have broadband service in your home with a wifi router, Verizon has many current phones capable of wifi calling which could alleviate your lack of service inside of your home. Verizon also sells network extenders which you could install in your home but they also require an available broadband connection.

No answer call forwarding could also help where your calls could forward to a home landline if they are not picked up in a timely manner from your cell.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the service different outside of your home then the inside? Have you considered having a landline for your business calls?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AshtonAVFC

Yes it's the same outside. A landline won't work for me because I have clients calling me on my cell. I'm not always home, so I can't rely on that. I don't want them having to call multiple numbers to try to get a hold of me.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Coverage maps are estimates and can include dead areas even where it is listed as full coverage. Verizon does not go out and check every portion of the US for coverage. They determine coverage on those maps depending on the location of towers and how far a signal travels in peak conditions. Factors outside of Verizon's control(including weather, foliage, buildings, land topography, etc...) can and do affect service.

If you have broadband service in your home with a wifi router, Verizon has many current phones capable of wifi calling which could alleviate your lack of service inside of your home. Verizon also sells network extenders which you could install in your home but they also require an available broadband connection.

No answer call forwarding could also help where your calls could forward to a home landline if they are not picked up in a timely manner from your cell.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AshtonAVFC, congratulation on your move. Help is here as I definitely understand the importance of having reliable service for your home business. Ann154 and rcschnoor, thanks so much for your responses as you are always a huge help to us. AshtonAVFC, since moving to your new location, have we done any troubleshooting? What exactly do you experience with your device in your home?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AshtonAVFC

Hi Natasha,
I have not done any troubleshooting because my calls are usually dropped in this area. It's not just inside my home, it's outside as well. My wife and neighbors have the same problem so I know my phone is working correctly. What might you suggest?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I suggest you follow previous suggestions. Get a landline and enable call forwarding from the cell to the landline. Also if it's that important people will leave you a voicemail. Next, when you were looking at a new place to live did it not occur to use your cell to see what kind of service you would have?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It's funny how people research everything under the sun, but for their livelihoods or means of communication dont research cell service completely, or read their contracts regarding certain things. And cell phones while convenient were NEVER meant to replace landlines.

0 Likes
AshtonAVFC

I'll also remember to purchase a trainticket back to the '90's once available and have my 56k modem in my lime green fanny pack.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

When I went home to visit my family, I had next to no service. When I went to buy my house, I was taking pictures and I noticed I had great coverage. Moral is check the service first.

0 Likes