Data usage question...
REDTOPORT

When I purchased my new phone last month and had all my items transferred to my NEW phone, was I charged for all the time (data usage) to do that transfer?!?...

As I see from my usage report on that day 9/22/16 at 2 pm there were HUGE amounts used... TONS of it at the time I was at the store?!?...I was at the store for HOURS downloading....

I want to know why or what caused all that data usage??

Can you help me??

It was on my number [Removed]..

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage question...
Weth
Legend

The update was done while you were on cellular rather than wifi.

0 Likes
REDTOPORT

Shouldn't have the VZ guy use the Verizon's data while at the store?!?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was Verizon's data. It just happened to come out of your data plan. They would have needed to connect to the store's wifi to have the transfer not occur over the 4G LTE network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

REDTOPORT wrote:

When I purchased my new phone last month and had all my items transferred to my NEW phone, was I charged for all the time (data usage) to do that transfer?!?...

Well yes. That is why I NEVER recommend starting to activate a new device until you are on a wifi connection. If you have all of your apps set to automatically download onto your new device, that will use a LOT of data. The wifi network in Verizon stores is not a public network you can connect to. Any downloads performed in a Verizon store will count against your data allowance. I either don't let them activate my phone OR don't have my apps/info automatically download to the new device until I get home.

thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

For the same cost T-Mobile offers,unlimited data. They will pay off both phones as well. Why should I stay with Verizon. Their network is better than Verizon according to a test I ran comparing all networks.

0 Likes