Data usage out in 10 days??!!!
APT0385

In the past 3 months, my husband and I have noticed that we are exceeding our data usage early into our cycle. We are using WIFI when possible. We haven't downloaded any different apps and we aren't doing anything different. When we spoke to customer service yesterday, a rep told us to turn off cellular data when we are using wifi but when we are away from wifi, to turn it back on. I told the rep this is absurd because we have never had to do this previously. No one can give us any answers!!! The rep also offered to add a security on our phone for overage which will slow down data when we go over. I informed the rep that we already have it on there and she responded that we didnt. I was actually looking at it online! I was told that the data usage on my phone is coming from a navigation system that I haven't used in 2 weeks and that my husbands is from apps. His should be the navigation because he uses it a lot for work. Everything seems so messed up right now and for Verizon not to be able to admit to a fault in the company is crazy. Something had to have changed to be getting so many complaints of overages for your customers. This isn't a good way to take care of customers at all! We get no answers and no fix. I have been a customer with verizon for over 10 years and have never had a problem until now!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage out in 10 days??!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APT0385, your network experiences when using data is very important to us and we want to ensure you have all the ways to manage data usage. Safety mode is a great way to prevent overages by using the phones at slower data speeds after the data allotment has been reached. We apologize for your experience with confirming Safety Mode was on, but here is a link with all the details http://spr.ly/6583DwSgB. In addition, here is a web page http://spr.ly/6584DwSg8 that provides everything you need to know about how data is used, how to monitor it and ways to get more data. I have sent you a Direct Message, so we can discuss the details of your situation further.

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes